You can now install an iCloud passwords extension on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and other lesser-known yet still high-quality web browsers such as Vivaldi which are still based on Chromium, to sync iCloud Keychain passwords on Windows computers.
The iCloud Passwords extension marks an interesting offering from Apple who doesn’t usually oblige much when it comes to cross-platform usage. But if you are an iPhone user who uses Windows PCs, which unfortunately for Apple does make up a significant portion of the population, you now have the capability of syncing your passwords while still using Apple extensions.
You can download the iCloud passwords extension from the Microsoft Store; however, you will need to still install iTunes as a standalone application on your computer if you are yet to set up an Apple ID. You may check the responses below for the opportunity on how to continue settings up the Apple ID.
It has been reported that up until now no third-party was offering an incredibly reliable option to have passwords synced on a Windows PC for iPhone users. Though it has taken them all this time, Apple has eventually come to the rescue. There is little doubt this will be as reliable as any other now that it exists.
With iCloud for Windows, you can keep your photos, videos, mail, calendar, files, and other important information you store in iCloud up to date and available on your Windows PC.
• Keep your entire photo library up to date across your devices, including your PC
• Save space by keeping lightweight versions of your photos and videos on your PC and downloading full size versions whenever you need them
• Create Shared Albums and invite people to post their own photos, videos, and comments
• Safely store and access all your files in iCloud Drive
• Share any folder or file with friends, family, and colleagues right from File Explorer
• Save space on your PC by keeping your files in iCloud Drive, or choose specific files and folders that you want to access even when offline
Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, and Bookmarks
• Keep mail, contacts, calendars, and tasks up to date on all your devices
• Share calendars and task lists with other iCloud users
• Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Google Chrome Bookmarks automatically stay up to date with Safari
iCloud for Windows requires:
• Outlook 2016 or later (for Mail, Contacts, Calendars)
• Internet Explorer 11 or later, Firefox 68 or later, or Google Chrome 80 or later (for Bookmarks)
- YouTube is Now Available as a PWA from Most Browsers
- Microsoft Edge Developer Build Has a New Extensions Icon and Menu
- Vivaldi 3.6 Brings Innovative Two-Level Tab Stacks
- Microsoft Edge to Deliver Notifications Based on Its Own Perception of a Website – What Could Go Wrong?
- Extensive Downloads Flyout with New Features Comes to Edge Insiders
- Microsoft Edge ‘History’ and ‘Open Tabs’ Sync Now Options from Settings
- Download: Microsoft Edge 89.0.774.54 (Update for Desktop) [Links]
- Download: Google Chrome 89.0.4389.90 (Stable Channel Update for Desktop) [Links]
- Google Chrome Updated to 88.0.4324.182: Stable Channel Update for Desktop
- Microsoft Makes it Simple to Set Age Restrictions in Edge with Kids Mode