The Stable channel has been updated to 88.0.4324.182 for Windows, Mac and Linux which will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
A full list of changes in this build is available in the log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how here. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 10 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
[$20000] High CVE-2021-21149: Stack overflow in Data Transfer. Reported by Ryoya Tsukasaki on 2020-10-14
[$20000] High CVE-2021-21150: Use after free in Downloads. Reported by Woojin Oh(@pwn_expoit) of STEALIEN on 2021-01-29
[$15000] High CVE-2021-21151: Use after free in Payments. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2021-01-12
[$5000] High CVE-2021-21152: Heap buffer overflow in Media. Reported by Anonymous on 2021-01-14
[$1000] High CVE-2021-21153: Stack overflow in GPU Process. Reported by Jan Ruge of ERNW GmbH on 2020-12-06
[$TBD] High CVE-2021-21154: Heap buffer overflow in Tab Strip . Reported by Abdulrahman Alqabandi, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2021-02-01
[$TBD] High CVE-2021-21155: Heap buffer overflow in Tab Strip . Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2021-02-07
[$TBD] High CVE-2021-21156: Heap buffer overflow in V8. Reported by Sergei Glazunov of Google Project Zero on 2021-02-11
[$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-21157: Use after free in Web Sockets. Reported by Anonymous on 2021-01-26
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
- Microsoft Edge to Deliver Notifications Based on Its Own Perception of a Website – What Could Go Wrong?
- Extensive Downloads Flyout with New Features Comes to Edge Insiders
- Thunderbird 78.1.1 Released, Includes Several Fixes and Changes
- Clickable Search Bar Now in Microsoft Edge When Viewing PDF Files
- Microsoft Makes it Simple to Set Age Restrictions in Edge with Kids Mode
- Microsoft Edge ‘History’ and ‘Open Tabs’ Sync Now Options from Settings
- What’s New in Chrome 87: Tab Search, FTP Support, New Tab Changes, Direct Actions, and More
- Desktop Widgets Could Be Coming to Microsoft Edge
- Thunderbird 78.0.1 Released: Key Revocation, Extending Key Expiration, and Secret Key Backup
- What’s New in Firefox 83: Search Web from Address Bar, HTTPS-Only Mode, Picture-in-Picture Mode, Pinch Zooming, and More
- Microsoft Brings Enhanced Badges and Background Notifications to Edge Browser
- Microsoft Edge Dev 88.0.705.9 Update Brings History Icon to Address Bar