The world’s most popular open-source emailing client, Thunderbird, was recently updated to Thunderbird 78.
The major release was a significant upgrade, and brought with it a host of new features such as color customization of folder pane icons, additional enterprise policies, the preference to disable OpenPGP functionality, the chance to add event preview to ICS import dialog in Calendar, and more. It also included a wide range of changes and fixes.
Not long after Thunderbird 78.0.1 was released and brought with it some additional features such as Key revocation, extending key expiration, and secret key backup, and another extensive list of improvements.
Thunderbird 78.1.1 builds on the last release and offers another range of changes and fixes. There are no new features in this update, however. There are still two known issues that are currently unresolved, so there will likely be another update sometime soon that addressed those outstanding issues. Thankfully, there are only two known issues, and subsequently, this version of Thunderbird is great to use.
- Building OpenPGP shared library linked to system libraries now supported
- MailExtension errors now shown in Developer Tools console by default
- MailExtensions: Dynamic registration of calendar providers now supported
- OpenPGP improvements
- Message preview was sometimes blank after upgrading from Thunderbird 68
- Email addresses whitelisted for remote content not displayed in preferences
- Importing data from Seamonkey did not work
- Renaming a mail list did not update the side bar
- MailExtensions: messenger.* namespace was undefined
Download Thunderbird 78.1.1 for Windows, Mac, and Linux:
The Firefox browser will automatically update itself in the background when it’s closed. If the browser is open and you want to update it, you can navigate to the Settings > Help > About Firefox, and then the browser will automatically check for any new updates.
- Thunderbird 78 Released: Add Multiple Email Addresses per Field, New Icon Colors for Folders, and More
- Thunderbird 78.0.1 Released: Key Revocation, Extending Key Expiration, and Secret Key Backup
- More Security Controls Coming to Google Chrome
- Progressive Web Apps in Microsoft Edge to Improve Native Apps in Windows 10
- Vivaldi 2.11 Released: Improves Pop-out Video, Match OS Themes, Quicker Navigation
- How New Microsoft Edge Will Roll Out for Windows 10 Users
- A Sneak Peek at Microsoft’s New Chromium-powered Edge Browser
- Google Chrome Reportedly “Spyware” According to Washington Post Columnist
- Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Caught Spying via Chrome and Firefox
- Alt + Tab Shortcut Now Includes Microsoft Edge Browser Tabs