2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756) rolling out now. This update brings security improvements for basic Windows operations. It also brings security improvements to Microsoft Office software and peripheral devices. There are also updates included for storing and managing files.
What’s new in Windows 10 KB4571756:
The following is some of the highlights in version KB4571756:
- Updates to improve security when using input devices (such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen).
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
The following improvements and fixes are in version KB4571756:
- Addresses an issue with a possible elevation of privilege in windowmanagement.dll.
- Addresses a security vulnerability issue with user proxies and HTTP-based intranet servers. After installing this update, HTTP-based intranet servers cannot leverage a user proxy by default to detect updates. Scans using these servers will fail if the clients do not have a configured system proxy. If you must leverage a user proxy, you must configure the behavior using the Windows Update policy “Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails.” This change does not affect customers who secure their Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) servers with the Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols. For more information, see Improving security for devices receiving updates via WSUS.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.