Now that Pod2G has finished making his PodDJ app, it didn’t take long for himself and PlanetBeing to expose new vulnerabilities in iOS 6, thus making a Jailbreak for it closer. So much closer, in fact, they both took to Twitter to tell the world about it.
“Made some nice progress today with @pod2g. I think I’ll try to reward myself with a nap.”“@planetbeing Oh yeah! 2 new vulnerabilities in a day, the chance was with us. But we still miss that initial code execution for a public jb :/.”
As you can see by the statement, there were two big leaps forward. However, the work is still not done to give the public a Jailbreak. Two out of three isn’t bad, though, especially in one day. One has to wonder if there was more funding and work put into Jailbreaking, just how much quicker they might be able to come up with solutions.
All of that might be a thing of the past, however, with Pod2G’s prediction of a more open iOS this year to take back users who have switched to Android because of the more openness of the firmware.
You might also be interested in:
- Rage Maker for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch New Version 1.5.1 [Download]
- Was Pod2g Trying to Bluff Apple in Desperate Attempt to Open iOS?
- Evad3rs Team Launches Website and Names iOS 6 – 6.1 Jailbreak Evasi0n
- Intelliscreen X 6 Extends iOS Devices Notification Center to Lock Screen
- Jailbreak iOS 6.1 with Sn0wbreeze 2.9.8 for iPhone 4, 3GS and Ipod Touch 4G
- Untethered Jailbreak for Apple TV 2G iOS 5.0.1 with Seas0nPass 9B206F Firmware
- SwipeBack Cydia Tweak Allows Users to Use Back Gestures on iPhone and iPod Touch
- Jailbreak iOS 6 iOS 6.0.1 with Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch
- Download Redsnow 0.9.4 Free to Jailbreak Your Apple Device
- Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 Download Brings in Support for iOS 6, iOS 6.0.1