The Firefox browser for desktop has been updated to version 93.0b8. This update to the Beta and Dev channels was released on September 23, 2021.
Firefox 93.0b8 fixes several contrast issues on Windows. Linux users also gets several regressions fixed.
The changelog provided by Mozilla:
- Audio playback is not working since 92.0
- Intermittent Timers.FindExpirationTime/SimpleTimerTest.FindExpirationTime | Expected equality of these values:
- non-focused form elements should have more contrast, at least on Windows 8.1
- xdg-desktop-portal 1.10.0 breaks pipewire support
- Firefox GUI graphics error (partly transparent) if FXAA has been manually enabled in NVIDIA X Server Settings (Antialiasing)
- Firefox 91.0.2 64bit. Some website links will not open in same window.
- Add a hook for Firefox Suggest to notify TelemetryEnvironment when it updates
- Stack traces are no longer recorded by the memory panel across reloads
- Hit MOZ_CRASH(assertion failed: y2 > 1. / 12. && y2 <= 1.) at gfx/qcms/src/iccread.rs:1392
To update Firefox, open the browser and then head to Help > About Firefox, and then the browser will automatically check if any updates are yet to be installed.
- Firefox 92.0b8 Brings Crash and Rendering Fixes
- Firefox 91.0.2 Fixes High Contrast Mode Being Enabled When ‘Increase Contrast’ Is Checked
- Firefox Dev 91.0b7 Fixes Screenshots for Zoomed Pages
- Firefox 90.0.2 Fixes Menu Inconsistencies and More
- Firefox Beta 93.0b4 Fixes Recent Regression of “Always Open This Site in” Feature
- Firefox 90.b2 Released to Dev Channel