The Firefox browser has been updated to version 91.0.2. This update to the Release channel was released on August 24, 2021.
Firefox 91.0.2 brings two fixes over the previous browser version: High Contrast Mode is no longer enabled by default when it shouldn’t be, and Firefox no longer clears authentication data when purging trackers.
Some users reported Firefox having High Contrast Mode enabled when “Increase Contrast” is checked in macOS settings, and that problem is now solved.
Additionally, Firefox use to clear authentication data when purging trackers which meant users needed to enter the same passwords over again. After this update, authentication data is not cleared when purging trackers. That means users will have their passwords remembered.
To update Firefox, open the browser and then head to Help > About Firefox, and then the browser will automatically check if any updates are yet to be installed.
- Firefox Dev 91.0b7 Fixes Screenshots for Zoomed Pages
- Firefox 90.0.2 Fixes Menu Inconsistencies and More
- Firefox Beta 93.0b4 Fixes Recent Regression of “Always Open This Site in” Feature
- Vivaldi 4.1.2369.21 Updates Chromium to 92.0.4515.159 and More
- Brave 1.29.79 Better Retains Site Settings and More
- Opera 78.0.4093.184 Updates Chromium to Version 92.0.4515.159