The Firefox browser has been updated to version 94.0b8. This update to the Beta channel was released on October 22, 2021.
Firefox 94.0b8 comes with 23 bug fixes, all of which are listed below.
The official changelog below:
- Fission crash in [@ IPCError-content | RecvConstructBrowser missing initial frame BrowsingContext]
- Investigate if we can avoid -[NSApplication postEvent:atStart:] to wake up the native event loop
- Sluggish scrolling if the gecko event loop is busy (native scroll events no longer get coalesced properly by macOS)
- mTRRSkipReason telemetry should never be TRR_UNSET in telemetry.
- delegatesFocus should also look for elements that are descendent of the slotted element
- `dragleave` isn’t triggered when canceling a drag and drop with the escape key on Linux
- Assertion failure: aChild->GetApzc() != parent, at /gfx/layers/apz/src/HitTestingTreeNode.cpp:93
- Make NativeLayerCA::ShouldSpecializeVideo check video format to only return true when detached mode is achievable
- Crash in [@ nsWrapperCache::GetWrapper]
- Quickly clicking “explore colorways” then “keep previous” twice makes upgrade spotlight stuck
- [Monochromatic Themes] Residual line is displayed between tab bar and toolbar
- Permanent beta on macOS dom/media/webrtc/tests/mochitests/test_peerConnection_scaleResolution.html | Test timed out. – + test_peerConnection_videoCodecs.html failure
- Produce MSIX packages with Mozilla’s Microsoft Partner Centre identity values for the Microsoft Store
- Browser Toolbox doesn’t jump to element in tree on in-content pages
- Fission: iframe with srcdoc sometimes prefers cached srcdoc over fresh srcdoc
- CSS Shape Editor is broken on remote frame when Fission is enabled
- Geometry highlighter is broken on remote frame when Fission is enabled
- Make remoting treat app packages/MSIX packages as distinct remoting targets
- Cannot use touchscreen input to close, maximize, or minimize a Firefox window
- When print scale is set to anything more than 100, the right side of text content is cut off
- Crash in [@ mozilla::fontlist::Family::FindAllFacesForStyleInternal]
- We call -[NSCursor set] on every mouse move
- “Forget About This Site” confirmation prompt is still clearing when cancelled with the Esc key
The Firefox browser will automatically update itself in the background when it’s closed. If the browser is open and you want to update it, you can navigate to the Settings > Help > About Firefox, and then the browser will automatically check for any new updates.
- Firefox Dev 94.0b7 Brings End to Experimental Beta Features
- Firefox 94.0b5 Released to Dev Channel
- Firefox Dev 94.0b3 Brings 13 Bug Fixes, Including One for YouTube Video Stuttering
- Firefox 93.0b9 Is Final Beta Build for This Cycle and Brings Eight Fixes
- Firefox Dev 91.0b7 Fixes Screenshots for Zoomed Pages
- Firefox Beta 93.0b4 Fixes Recent Regression of “Always Open This Site in” Feature