The Opera browser has been updated to version 79.0.4143.72. This update to the Stable channel was released on September 28, 2021.
Opera 79.0.4143.72 adds an emoji panel to the address bar. There are also emoji YAT address bar suggestions, making this a very good update to those looking for emoji enhancements.
The official changelog for version 79.0.4143.72 provided by Opera:
- Add emoji panel to address bar
- Add emoji YAT address bar suggestions
- Emoji button stuck in address bar
- Make y.at navigations to be reported with page_views events
- Add “Emojis” context menu option in address bar field
- Add YAT emoji url suggestion to search© dialog
- Add browser feature flag
- Remove emoji button from address bar
- Enable #yat-emoji-addresses on developer stream
- [Mac big sur] Emoji are not shown in address bar url
- Crash when removing unsynced pinboard bookmark with sync enabled
- Allow to show title and timer for simple banners
- Wrong label in settings for themes
- Temporarily disable AB test for a new autoupdater logic
There aren’t many complaints about this update from the Opera community. One user has asked whether or not Opera plans to backport the fixes from the chromium upstream project because they are concerned about the Zero-day vulnerabilities. The user didn’t receive a reply.
To update Opera, open the browser and click on the Opera icon in the top left corner and then click on the Update and Recovery link. The Opera browser will then automatically check for updates. Note that Opera will also update itself in the background when you have the browser closed, so you may find it already updated by the next time you open the browser.
- Opera 80.0.4170.16 Adds Reader Mode Book Icon to Address Bar
- Opera 79.0.4143.50 Fixes Appearance of Subpages in Settings
- Opera 78.0.4093.184 Updates Chromium to Version 92.0.4515.159
- Opera 78.0.4093.147 Updates Chromium 92-4093 to 92.0.4515.131
- Opera 78.0.4093.112 Adds Ability to Sort Pinboards in Overview
- Opera 77.0.4054.277 Fixes Video Conferencing Popout and More