The Opera browser has been updated to build 78.0.4093.147. This build 78.0.4093.147 for the Stable channel was released on August 11, 2021.
The main reason for this update is to update Chromium 92-4093 to 92.0.4515.131. However, they have included more features as well. Some people were reporting Opera not starting after the browser window had been previously closed. There has been a new “Detach tab” entry in the tab menu. Mac users should now find Sidebar setup closing properly. And several crashes have been fixed.
Here is the changelog for build 78.0.4093.147 which has been provided by Opera:
- CHR-8521 Update chromium on desktop-stable-92-4093 to 92.0.4515.131
- DNA-93036 Opera not starting after closing window. Processes still working.
- DNA-94516 Add ‘Detach tab’ entry to tab menu
- DNA-94584 [Mac] Sidebar setup not closed after press ‘Add extensions’ button
- DNA-94761 Crash when trying to record “Chrome developer” trace
- DNA-94790 Crash at opera::VideoConferenceTabDetachController::OnBrowserAboutToStartClosing(Browser*)
Once again, the enthusiastic Opera community isn’t short on any suggestions for future releases. One user would like to see changed the thick scrollbars that are visible when using task manager on KDE Plasma desktop environment in Linux. Another user would like to see pop-up videos have their sizes remembered for the next time the windows are opened. There are no major problems reported by the community after this update.
- Opera 78.0.4093.112 Adds Ability to Sort Pinboards in Overview
- Opera 77.0.4054.277 Fixes Video Conferencing Popout and More
- Opera 77.0.4054.254 Matches Opera Theme with OS Theme
- Opera 77.0.4054.90 Released to Stable Channel
- Opera 77.0.4054.146 Released to Stable Channel
- Opera 76.0.4017.177 Solves Ad Blocking Inconsistency on YouTube