The Opera browser has been updated to version 76.0.4017.177. This version has solved the problem where the default Opera ad blocker wouldn’t block YouTube ads.
While it may have seemed this was some kind of partnership between Opera and Google, that isn’t the case; it was only a problem that needed a fix in the next release and it should now be resolved for everyone.
Opera also acknowledged that the browser wasn’t blocking all ads when the ad blocker was “working,” which is why some users would find the ad blocker working for some ads but then showing some others.
There are still quite a few users who suggest Opera still has some problems that need addressing in future builds. One user says Opera will randomly display different tabs between workspaces. Another user says there is a problem with the Hieroglyphs on the Bookmarks page which should have been addressed by now but wasn’t. You can probably expect a fix for these problems in the next release.
What’s new in Opera 76.0.4017.177:
- DNA-92597 Sound controller doesn’t work after pressing ‘Next’ button
- DNA-93405 Import vmp_signer instead of starting new python process
- DNA-93406 [Mac] Import plist_util instead of calling script in _generateAppEntitlements
- DNA-93442 Make GX Control panel attachable by webdriver
- DNA-93554 [AdBlock] Find a fix for blocking ‘new’ YouTube ads
- DNA-93587 Pre-refactor solution
- Opera 76.0.4017.123 Brings Fix for Player Panel
- Opera 76.0.4017.107 Brings Display SD Suggestions Titles
- Opera 75.0.3969.243 Fixes Bugs and Performance Issues
- Opera 75.0.3969.218 Fixes Crashes and Updates Chromium to 89.0.4389.128
- Opera 74.0.3911.218 Update for Desktop