Windows 10 has released Cumulative Update Build 21390.1000 (KB5004071). This specific update doesn’t bring any new features. Instead, it’s said to be testing the servicing pipeline once again. Testing the servicing pipeline has been happening a lot lately and apparently it’s going to become a regular thing, at least for a little while, citing a need to test the process of releasing multiple Cumulative Updates on top of each other on top of the same build as the reason.
However, Microsoft has listed the features you get with build 21390 in general. You can read them below.
Note that this might be the last Windows Insider update we see for a few weeks. The news about more servicing pipeline updates is planned to begin immediately and will last for at least a few weeks. If you wanted to check out some other operating systems or Linux distros, now might be a good time to do it.
The following changes and improvements are found in version KB5004071
- As part of our ongoing iconography improvements, Task Manager and MSI installers now have new Fluent icons.
- You can now set Windows Terminal Preview as your default terminal emulator on Windows – please see this blog post for details. This requires Windows Terminal Preview version 1.9 (or higher).
The following fixes are found in version KB5004071:
- We fixed an issue causing the news and interests text on the taskbar to appear blurry on some resolutions and scaling factors.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain punctuation not being displayed correctly when the display language was Chinese.
- We fixed a svchost.exe crash related to cdp.dll that some Insiders have been experiencing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue impacting Start reliability in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where when using dark mode, the text in the File Explorer search box would be black on a black background. Please note this only addresses this dark theme issue in File Explorer, we are continuing to investigate a second issue impacting dark theme when using Search in the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue in recent flights where a folder might not retain keyboard focus after being renamed in File Explorer.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager showing the incorrect icon for some processes.
- We fixed a second issue causing some devices to fail when updating to this build with error code 0xc1900101. If you continue to receive this error code when attempting to update, please file a new feedback item.
- [ADDED 5/27] We have re-enabled the functionality where if a folder under the Start menu’s all apps list only contains a single item, we will now display that item in place of the folder on the Start menu.
There are also some known issues in version KB5004071:
- The Windows Camera App currently does not respect the default brightness setting set via the new Camera Settings page.
- We’re investigating an issue where Search results are unexpectedly no longer following dark theme as of recent flights.
- [News and interests] We’re investigating an issue where the flyout may occasionally flash in the top left corner of your screen after clicking the button on your taskbar.