Everyone has their own reasons for unrooting their phone. Maybe they are sick of using a custom ROM and wish to get back to the stable stock ROM, or maybe they just want to remove root access as they no longer need it.
Unrooting and flashing back the stock ROM usually solves most of the software issues as well. If your phone crashes too often or if there are any errors on it, you can have them fixed by flashing the stock firmware.
All it takes to unroot and get your phone Wiko Stairway back to the stock is the following procedure. So, just go ahead and get that done and you will be back to the purest version of Android on your phone.
Files You Need
- You should have rooted your phone using our how to root the Wiko Stairway tutorial.
- This should flash back the stock ROM on your phone.
- This will erase the data stored on your phone; so please backup everything that you wish to keep.
- This requires you to have a Windows running computer as the tool that is involved in the tutorial is Windows only.
- Please install Mediatek Drivers on your Windows computer if they are not already.
- Download Stock ROM to your computer. It is the entire operating system that will be flashed on your phone.
- Download SP Flash Tool to your computer. You will use it to flash the ROM on your phone.
- You should only do this tutorial on a Wiko Stairway phone.
Unrooting the Wiko Stairway
- Uncompress files from both Stock ROM and SP Flash Tool over to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
- When the archives are extracted, double-click on SP Flash Tool executable and it will launch.
- When the tool opens, click on Scatter-loading and choose the Scatter .txt file that has come with the stock ROM.
- You should be able to see all the stock ROM elements that will be flashed on your phone. Make sure all of them are checkmarked.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Click on the Download button in the SP Flash Tool to begin flashing.
- Now connect your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable. Your phone should still be turned off at this point.
- The SP Flash Tool should automatically start flashing stock ROM on your phone. Wait for it to do so.
- When the tool’s done flashing ROM, you will see a green circle on the tool interface. That means flashing went successful.
- Unplug your phone from your computer as the stock ROM has been flashed.
- You are all done!
Your Wiko Stairway is now unrooted and is back to the official stock firmware.
All of the apps that were installed on your phone should now be gone and you will now see all the stock apps back on your phone. You can now either start customizing your phone from scratch or enjoy whatever stock ROM has for you.
Let us know how the tutorial went for you in the comments below!
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Wiko Stairway
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Wiko DarkMoon
- How To Unroot The Wiko DarkMoon
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Xiaomi Mi 4C
- How To Root The Xiaomi Mi 4C
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.