If you are now tired of trying out various root-requiring apps and custom ROMs on your Wiko DarkMoon and you now wish to get back to the stock ROM, the guide below is all you need to do so.
Unrooting and getting the Wiko DarkMoon back to the stock requires you to use the SP Flash Tool and a stock ROM file and you are then all back to the purest version of the Android OS that your manufacturer has developed for your phone.
Flashing the stock ROM wipes off your phone so you should backup everything that you wish to keep. Also, this should remove root access hence any root-requiring apps will no longer work on your phone.
Here’s how you can go about doing that:
Files You Need
- You should have rooted your phone using our how to root the Wiko DarkMoon tutorial.
- This should erase all the data stored on your phone; so please backup everything that you will need.
- You must have a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial as the tool that you are going to use is Windows only.
- You should have Mediatek Drivers installed on your Windows computer. If they are not installed, install them.
- This should flash back the stock ROM on your Wiko DarkMoon.
- Download Stock ROM to your computer. It is the entire operating system for your phone. Make sure you choose the correct phone from the dropdown menu before downloading the ROM.
- Download SP Flash Tool to your computer. It will be used to flash the stock ROM on the phone.
- You should only try this on a Wiko DarkMoon phone.
Unrooting the Wiko DarkMoon
- Extract files from SP Flash Tool and Stock ROM over to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
- When the files are extracted, double-click on SP Flash Tool executable and it will launch.
- When the tool launches, click the option that says Scatter-loading and choose MT6582_Android_scatter.txt that has come with the stock ROM.
- You will see a long list of elements that will be flashed on your phone.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Click on Download in the SP Flash Tool.
- Hit Yes when promoted in the tool.
- Now connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable while it is turned off.
- The tool should automatically start flashing stock ROM on your phone. It should take some good time to do that as it is flashing an entire OS on your phone.
- Wait for the tool to flash stock ROM on your phone.
- When the tool’s done flashing stock ROM, it will show a success message.
- You can now unplug your phone from your computer as the ROM has been flashed on it.
- You are all set!
Your Wiko DarkMoon is now unrooted and is running the official stock firmware.
If it has been a long time since you used a stock ROM, you would be glad to see all the stock apps and stock launcher back on your phone. These were the goodies that your beloved phone came with, so enjoy them until you decide to switch to a custom ROM again!
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Xiaomi Mi 4C
- How To Root The Xiaomi Mi 4C
- How To Root And Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Y5
- How To Install A Custom Recovery And Root The Xiaomi Mi 4
- How To Root The Huawei P8 Lite
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.