Gaining root on your Huawei P8 Lite should be easy if you already have a custom recovery running on your phone. And even if you don’t have a recovery, you can flash one and then follow this tutorial to gain root on your phone.
Getting root access on your phone allows you to then install tons of root-requiring apps, flash a custom ROM, flash a custom kernel, and do many customizations. And if that is what you wish to do, here’s how to root your Huawei P8 Lite:
Files You Need
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your phone before you can do this tutorial. If you haven’t installed one yet, please install one using our how to install a custom recovery on the Huawei P8 Lite tutorial. When that is done, return here and continue.
- This should flash SuperSU to gain root access on your phone.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Do NOT extract it, leave it in its original format which is .zip.
Rooting the Huawei P8 Lite
- Connect your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable and ensure your phone is able to receive files from your computer.
- Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn your phone back on in recovery mode by holding down Volume UP and Power buttons at the same time.
- Your phone should reboot into the custom recovery installed on your phone.
- Tap on Install in the recovery menu.
- Navigate to your internal SD card storage and find and select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompt by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Wait for TWRP to install SuperSU on your phone. It should not take too long to do that.
- When TWRP’s done installing SuperSU, reboot your phone by selecting Reboot followed by System in the recovery menu.
- Your phone should reboot.
- You are all done.
Congratulations! You have successfully gained root access on your Huawei P8 Lite and you can confirm it for yourself by downloading and installing the Root Checker app on your phone. The app will say that you do have access to the root.
Now that you have both a custom recovery and root access on your device, you should go ahead and check out our post that talks about what things you can do with a rooted device. It should give you some ideas as to what things you can do after you have gained root access on your device.
One of the common things most users do after rooting their device is install root-requiring apps. These apps provide you with more customization options than the others and can be obtained from the Google Play store as well as any trusted other sources of Android apps.
Over the time you may get fed-up with root-requiring apps and want more out of your phone. Well, at that time you can have a custom ROM flashed on your phone. A custom ROM is just a completely revamped version of the Android OS for your phone. It has new features, apps, root-access by default, and tons of other things that you will fall in love with.
Before you go ahead and get a custom ROM flashed on your phone, it is recommended that you make a full backup of your phone so that you have something to fall back on when things go wrong, especially when you flash a custom ROM that does not work. That way, you will have a working version of the OS to revert back to when things are not well.
So, go ahead and enjoy the newly found freedom on your Huawei P8 Lite!
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei P8 Lite
- How To Root The Huawei MediaPad M2
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei MediaPad M2
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Acer Iconia Tab 8
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The European LG G5 (H850)
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.