Huawei Ascend G620S owners now have the TWRP Recovery available to help install custom ROMs, recover the device and take complete backups without adb commands.
Here is everything you need to get a custom recovery up and running on your G620S smartphone:
Files You Need
- Download the TWRP Recovery you need for your G620S smartphone from this page.
- Download ADB and follow our guide to install it on your computer. We have the guides for all major operating systems: ADB for Windows, ADB for Mac and ADB for Linux.
- Download the universal ADB Driver for your Ascend smartphone.
- You are voiding the Huawei warranty when you flash a custom recovery over the stock recovery. You can continually flash the stock and custom recoveries over each other. Once you have the stock recovery back on your device the warranty will work again.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Huawei Ascend G620S
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled on your Ascend smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Download the TWRP file and shift it over to the same folder as your ADB. Keep the folder open.
- Right-click over the recovery file and rename it to twrpcherry.img.
- Reboot the Ascend G620S smartphone in bootloader mode by using the hardware buttons.
- From within the ADB folder, hold the Shift key and right-click. Most Windows operating systems should give you a new menu from this button and keyboard combination.
- Choose to open a new command window here from that menu. You must open the command window from the same path as your files, which is why we are telling you to open it from within the folder.
- Type your first command to flash the recovery: fastboot flash recovery twrpcherry.img
- Reboot your smartphone once your Cherry TWRP recovery is flashed.
You can now learn how to boot the Huawei Ascend G620S smartphone up in the custom recovery mode that you just flashed. Once you root the same device, you can open your Google Play Store and download the Quick Boot app. The Quick Boot application is useful for learning how to boot your smartphone in all the various modes you can use. One of those modes is the recovery mode. The Quick Boot app will boot your device in custom recovery and stock recovery modes depending on what recovery you have installed. All it needs to run is root access to the internal system.