If you are a flashaholic and have a Xiaomi Mi 4c, you are probably eager to gain root access on it so that you can then enjoy many of the custom developments on it, such as root-requiring apps and custom ROMs.
Fortunately, rooting the Xiaomi Mi 4c is darn easy, all thanks to SuperSU and a custom recovery that has made it so. To root the phone, all you need to do is flash SuperSU from the custom recovery and you should be all done.
That should get the SuperSU app running on your phone and then you can begin your journey to customize your phone. Here’s how to first gain root:
Files You Need
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your phone before you can do this tutorial. If you have not flashed one, flash one now using our how to install a custom recovery on the Xiaomi Mi 4C tutorial. Come back here when you are done with that tutorial.
- This will flash the SuperSU .zip to root your phone.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Do NOT extract it, leave it as is.
Rooting the Xiaomi Mi 4C
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a compatible USB cable and ensure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. Place the file in the root directory so it is easy to find it.
- When SuperSU is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn your phone back on in recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume UP and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Your phone should reboot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the recovery menu, tap the option that says Install as it is what allows you to flash a custom zip on your phone.
- Navigate to your internal storage and select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the flash by tapping on Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- The TWRP Recovery should begin flashing SuperSU on your phone.
- Wait for TWRP to flash SuperSU on your phone.
- When TWRP’s done flashing SuperSU, reboot your phone by selecting Reboot followed by System in the recovery menu.
- Your phone should reboot.
- You should now be fully rooted!
Congrats! Your Xiaomi Mi 4C is now rooted and is running the SuperSU app to help you manage root permissions on your phone.
Your phone is now equipped with both a custom recovery and root access and these two things is what all you need to customize your phone to a greater extent. By greater extent, you can go as far as to replacing the stock firmware on your phone with a custom one so that you get customized features and not just the stock ones.
Root is usually required when you install a root-requiring app on your phone. When you launch such an app on your phone, it will ask you to provide it with the SU permissions and you can do that using the SuperSU app that is installed on your phone.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root And Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Y5
- How To Install A Custom Recovery And Root The Xiaomi Mi 4
- How To Root The Huawei P8 Lite
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei P8 Lite
- How To Root The Huawei MediaPad M2
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.