Rooting alone will not be able to help you fully customize your Wiko DarkMoon as there is another thing called custom recovery that you do need in order to get full access over all the internals of your phone. If you are already rooted, installing a custom recovery on your phone is a breeze as you just need to use the SP Flash Tool to flash the recovery and you will be up and running in no time.
Once the recovery is installed on your phone, you should be able to boot into it to then flash a custom ROM, flash a custom kernel, or flash a boot animation on your phone. You can flash pretty much everything that comes under recovery flashable zips.
So, here’s how you can get a custom recovery up on your Wiko DarkMoon:
Files You Need
- Your phone must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on it. If you are not rooted yet, please root now using our how to root the Wiko DarkMoon tutorial. Once rooted, come back here and continue.
- This should install a custom recovery called Carliv on your Wiko DarkMoon.
- You must have a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial as the tool that you are going to use is Windows only.
- You should have Mediatek Drivers installed on your Windows computer. Install them if they are not already.
- Download Custom Recovery and Flash Tool to your computer. This is all you need to flash a custom recovery on your phone.
- You should only try this on a Wiko DarkMoon phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Wiko DarkMoon
- Extract files from Custom Recovery and Flash Tool archive over to your computer by right-clicking on the archive and selecting Extract here. You will get two folders named Recovery and SP_Flash_Tool.
- Launch the SP Flash Tool by double-clicking on its executable file located in the SP_Flash_Tool folder.
- When the tool launches, click on the button that says Scatter-loading and select the MT6582_Android_scatter.txt file located in the Recovery folder.
- You will see a number of elements that can be flashed on your phone on the SP Flash Tool interface. Uncheck them all except for RECOVERY.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Click on Download in the SP Flash Tool. Yes, your phone should not be connected to the computer at this point.
- Hit Yes when prompted in the SP Flash Tool.
- Now connect your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable. Your phone should still be turned off.
- The SP Flash Tool should automatically start flashing the recovery on your phone.
- Wait for the tool to flash the recovery on your phone.
- When the tool’s done flashing recovery, you will see a success message on the tool’s interface.
- You can now safely eject your phone from your computer.
- You are all set!
Congrats! You have successfully installed a custom recovery on your Wiko DarkMoon and you are all set to enjoy a number of great custom ROMs on your phone.
While a custom recovery running on your smartphone is definitely a wonderful thing, it’s not nearly as cool as having root access as well. You can now check out the guide on how to root the Wiko Darkmoon smartphone to complete the customizing experience.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Unroot The Wiko DarkMoon
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Xiaomi Mi 4C
- How To Root The Xiaomi Mi 4C
- How To Root And Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Y5
- How To Install A Custom Recovery And Root The Xiaomi Mi 4
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.