If you are an Android user then undoubtedly you would have heard the word “APK file” from advanced Android users and if you don’t know what that is, let me tell you. The APK file is an installation setup file for Android as the executable setup file is on a Windows PC.
Google highly recommends not to install the APK from third-party developers because it may cause damage to your phone, so you should always make sure you trust the sources of your APK files. Today I will show you two methods for which you can install APK files to your Android operating system without damaging the device in question.
Preparation You Need Before You Can Install the App on Your Android Device:
Google made its Android operating system very secure against any threat such as the common virus or malware. That’s why Android protects you so you can’t just go around installing any old unauthorized apps on your devices by default with the way the Settings from Android naturally are dished out. You can change the settings to permit your Android device so you may then start installing third-party apps that have the APK extension.
For that to happen, navigate your way to the “Settings” then scroll to “Security” and look out for the “Unknown Sources” option in there. When you find it, just tap on the checkbox once to enable the Unknown Sources setting. You will see a pop-up message with a warning message written on it with most versions of Android. Just confirm you have seen it by tapping on the “OK” button. That’s all there is to getting the ANdroid operating system to start accepting the installation of your APK files that you want to install. Your Android device is now easily configured to install third-party apps. Now use any of the methods mentioned below to install the desired app to your phone.
See Also: How to Install an APK File Without a PC
Method 1: Installing apps using a dedicated app from play store
I am assuming that your device already has the desired APK file that you want to install on it. If not, then first move any APK file to your phone’s SD card from your PC.
- First, go to app drawer and open Google Play store.
- Search for the “Installer” and download the one with a “Gear” icon.
- After the installation is finished, go back to the app drawer and open the Installer app.
- Inside the app you will see all the APK files that are stored on your phone.
- When you see the app you want to install on your phone, just tap on it once and you will see a pop up menu with the install option.
- After taping on the install option, you will see a screen with “cancel” and “install” buttons on the bottom; tap on install.
- Wait for some time and you app will be ready for you in the all apps.
Now you can simply use that app by going to app drawer, and you can even delete that APK after installing so it won’t eat space in your phone.
Method 2: Install apk directly from file manager
In this method you need nothing but just a file manager and the APK file you want to install on your phone.
- First, move any APK file to your phone by connecting your phone to your PC as mass storage. After moving unplug your phone.
- Make sure to move that APK file in the root of the storage or it will be difficult to find it.
- Now go to app drawer and open any file manager (if your phone don’t have it just install any from the Google play Store) and navigate to where you have moved the APK file. We like recommending the Astro File manager but we are not associated with it in any way.
- Just tap on that APK file once and you will be asked for “package installer” and “verify and install”. Just tap on the package installer option.
- After that you will see the installation screen with “install” button at the bottom. Just tap on it and wait until your app is completely installed.
Excellent! Now you know how to install any APK file to your Android device. For any query you can contact me using the comment section below.
- Download UMT Ultimate Multi Tool Latest Setup
- How to Use Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
- Download QcomDloader Tool (All Versions)
- How to Flash CPB Firmware Using YGDP Tool
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool (All Versions)
- Download Lenovo Downloader Tool (All Versions)
- Download Motorola Device Manager (All Versions)
- Download Android Multi-Tools to Remove Pattern Lock/Password
- Download Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
- Download Sony Mobile Flasher (All Versions)
- How to Use Lenovo Downloader Tool
- Download Miracle Box v2.14 Tool
- Download YGDP Tool (All Versions)
- Google Chrome 64 for Android Released with Abusive Ad Experience Prevention