As you probably know, there are many one-click rooting exploits available out there today to install on an Android device. Many of these guides require APK files and the guides tell people to first have the APK on the desktop of the computer and then transfer it over to the SD card after you connect the device to the computer.
Most websites will recommend transferring the APK file that way because it is safer than any other traditional method. However, people who do not have a computer can still transfer APK file directly from the smartphone browser. The same trick works for people looking to transfer APK files without a PC directly to a tablet browser.
Installing APK Files directly from your Smartphone or Tablet browser
- Open the Google Chrome app — or any browser you normally use should still work.
- Surf the web until you can find the APK file you are wanting to download.
- Tap on the APK file and you will see it downloading from the top of your web browser.
- Open the “downloads” and tap on the .apk file.
- Tap the “yes” option when it prompts you on the display.
- The APK will now start installing on your device and turn into an app that is available from your app drawer.
That’s all you need to do in order to install any .apk file without a PC and directly on your mobile device. The example we used was regarding the KingRoot tool since we cover Android rooting here, but the same steps will work for any file with any contents. Furthermore, the steps should be universal and work for any Android device from the modern era.