Smartphone operating systems might not always be as easy to navigate as desktop OSs—finding files nested on the Android operating system can sometimes be a complex task in comparison to using File Explorer on the Windows operating system—but one thing that does work in their favor is problem-solving.
Rarely do you ever have to spend time trying to figure out the solution to a problem with the Huawei L21 P9 Lite smartphone because most things can be fixed by simply taking a hard reset instead, a bit like utilizing a get out of jail free card.
Despite many people saying otherwise, a hard reset and a factory reset on the Huawei L21 P9 Lite device will yield the same outcomes: the phone will be restored to its default, factory state on both occasions. In other words, the same state that it was in when it left the factory responsible for manufacturing it. This means you shouldn’t expect to find any applications that you installed yourself still on the device. Any settings that you changed will be returned to how they were when you first opened the Huawei L21 P9 Lite out of the box too. And, of course, unless you took a backup, all the data that you accumulated—pictures, documents, music, so forth—will no longer be available once the hard reset is complete.
There are numerous similarities between computers and smartphones: they are made up of many of the same components, and all have the same heart, veins, and brain, so to speak. When it comes to resetting the software though, there are some differences. A modern-day computer operating system will offer three ways to reset: rebooting the OS, force-closing all open applications and forcing a reboot, and then a third way, which will return the device to its factory state, if desired. The mobile operating system offers the factory reset option, and the only alternative being the soft reset, which is the same as a straightforward reboot of the operating system.
You shouldn’t worry about a hard reset causing any harm to your Huawei L21 P9 Lite smartphone; provided that you’ve backed up any data that you didn’t want to lose, very little else can go wrong.
How to Hard Reset Huawei L21 P9 Lite Smartphones
1. Turn off the Huawei L21 P9 Lite smartphone by long-pressing the Power button and then choosing the option from the menu to switch it off.
2. Boot the Huawei L21 P9 Lite smartphone back up again by pressing the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
3. Wait until you can see the Huawei logo before letting go of the buttons.
4. Using the Volume buttons to navigate, highlight the “wipe data/factory reset” and then confirm you want to apply the reset by pressing the Power button.
5. Confirm you want to go ahead with proceedings by selecting the “wipe data/factory reset” once again from the menu.
6. Once the reset has been applied, select the “reboot system now” option.
That’s all you need to hard reset the Huawei L21 P9 Lite smartphone.
Applying a hard reset is probably one of the more commonly exchanged phrases for when people are referring to implementing a factory reset, but the same guide above is also good for a few other causes. The same steps would also work if you just wanted to wipe all of the data on your Huawei L21 P9 Lite smartphone, for instance. Likewise, you could also use the same steps for bypassing the screen lock or just to restore the defaults on the Huawei L21 P9 Lite device.
- How to Hard Reset Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L04
- How to Hard Reset Huawei P8 Lite
- How to Root Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L21 on Android 6.0
- How to Root Huawei P8 Max DAV-701 on Android 5.1.1 and Install Custom Recovery
- Download Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Huawei P9 EVA-DL00 Stock ROM for Your Device