Love the look of your Huawei P8 Lite but wanting more out of the operating system? We recommend you tweak it with the Xposed Framework application once you have finished the rooting guide after the break. The Xposed Framework is fast becoming one of the best ways to customize a smartphone — and there are heaps of P8 Lite people with that same opinion.
Xposed is like a blend of the Tasker application coupled with your favorite custom ROM. With Xposed, we can add heaps of modules to tweak the system UI, come up with improved theming, give performance tweaks, change the visuals to suit what your eyes prefer looking at on the screen, give your OS button remapping, and much more.
The Xposed Framework is just one example of what you can install on your Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L21 smartphone after you root it using the guide below:
Files You Need
- Download the SuperSU for the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone from here.
- You must unlock the bootloader and have a custom recovery installed on the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone before you can use this guide to root the device.
Rooting the Huawei P9 Lite ALE-L21 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Download the SuperSU file to the desktop of the computer and do not unzip the file. We are putting it on your device zipped and it must be uploaded to your recovery zipped for it to work.
- Connect the Huawei P8 Lite device to the computer with the USB cable you normally use to charge the battery on your device.
- Copy the SuperSU over to the root of the internal SD card, meaning don’t hide it in a sub folder. Just keep it in your topmost folder.
- Unplug your P8 Lite device from the computer once you know the SuperSU is definitely on your SD card.
- Boot the Huawei P8 Lite device to recovery mode and it will boot the custom recovery you installed earlier.
- Take your NANDroid Backup from the main recovery menu if your are using TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button and upload your SuperSU zip file from the SD card by following the prompts for that.
- Tap on the ‘Reboot System’ from the main recovery menu after you have installed your SuperSU.
In conclusion, that’s how to root the Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L21 smartphone using Chainfire’s SuperSU file. You should find the SuperSU app is now available from your P8’s application drawer once your device reboots. That SuperSU will not only grant root access to apps, but it will deny and lock out malware too, so long as your do not grant it access. That’s why the SuperSU application always asks first before automatically granting permission to your apps. It’s up to your to be on the lookout for potential threats and apps you don’t recognize wanting to install.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Install KingRoot Android 8.0 Oreo APK App for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 7.1 Nougat APK App for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 7.0 Nougat APK for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow APK App for Android Mobile
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.