Here is what you need to download the official Huawei P9 EVA-DL00 firmware flash file onto your computer. You can then use one of the compatible flashing tools to update the firmware on your smartphone or tablet.
Flashing tools were initially developed by the companies that were associated with the device’s hardware and were mainly kept in-house, adopted in back rooms of smartphone repair centers to fix common mobile device-related problems. The tools were later published on the Web for anyone to use. Now you can solve the same kinds of issues that were once left up to those repair centers: bootloops, soft-brick situations, software errors, software bugs, update errors, so forth, by downloading the software onto your computer instead. What’s more, installing the Huawei P9 EVA-DL00 flash file is an easy task, thanks to the flashing tool’s user-friendly interfaces that usually require just one click before the flashing is underway.
Most third-party developers who create tools for helping you customize your devices—the teams that work on custom recovery images, rooting applications, et cetera—recommend sticking with custom software if you have already changed the system partition or replaced the stock recovery partition with a custom one. If you are to go back to stock Android on the device, though, they strongly suggest flashing the firmware yourself instead of accepting the over-the-air updates. This is because OTAs can create unexpected behavior since they are often only patching over existing software instead of completely replacing it.
The flashing tools, such as the Smartphone Flash Tool, are always computer applications. On most occasions, these apps are relatively small files and will not take up much hard drive space.
You can sometimes have a choice of what flashing tool you want to use to flash the Huawei P9 EVA-DL00 stock firmware. You can flash stock ROMs with tools that work for either the system chip found in the device’s hardware, the firmware file type, or on occasion, apps that are designed to work for a particular manufacturer. And depending on the file, there are times when you can flash firmware directly from the device’s recovery mode, too.
What Is Android Firmware?
Firmware is the operating system and its applications that control how the smartphone or tablet that runs on Android operates. While you may see the words “software update available” on your device’s display, we call it firmware to highlight its close relationship with the device manufacturers hardware.
If you prefer technical jargon, firmware is the specific programming that gets written to a device’s non-volatile memory. The firmware gets added to the device during the manufacturing process and is the middleman in helping software run on the hardware. Firmware can be written as read-only memory (ROM), erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM), or flash memory.
The Android operating system is more open than much of its competitors in iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, and Tizen. You always get firmware running on your device out of the box, but if you do not like it, you can swap it over with custom firmware or other firmware versions that were made for your device. This flexibility helps with troubleshooting, or if you know you would prefer a different Android version that was made available.
Why Reinstall Stock Firmware?
Did you think you may need to restore the stock firmware on your device? Here are some of the things that you can achieve with stock firmware files:
- Upgrade or downgrade the version of Android on your device
- Fix common mobile device-related problems, such as unbearable bugs in the software
- Remove custom recovery images such as TWRP
- Unroot the Android operating system, regardless of what method/tool you may have used to get root access
- Unbrick your smartphone or tablet
- Reinstall the operating system
- Fix invalid IMEI problems
Huawei P9 EVA-DL00 Firmware Flash File Download Links
The firmware can be downloaded directly onto a computer. After extracting the file, you can then upload it to a flashing tool that is also on the computer. Here is where you can download the firmware file:
File Name: Huawei_P9_EVA-DL00_C17B183_6.0.zip
Android Version: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Firmware File: Download flash file
How to Install Huawei P9 EVA-DL00 Flash File Using Mi Flash Tool
To install the firmware, you need to use a flashing tool that works for your manufacturer and run it on a computer. One flashing tool that works for this smartphone is the Mi Flash Tool. Here is how to use it:
- Back Up Your Data. You should always back up your data before you begin flashing new firmware files to your smartphone or tablet. All of your pictures, music, videos, documents, etc. should be still on your device after you have updated the firmware, but you may need to restore the contacts and applications from a backup.
- Wipe Cache and Factory Reset. Some people claim that taking a factory reset isn’t necessary after updates, but at the very least you should wipe the system cache after installing new firmware. This way you can help eliminate any performance issues and battery draining bugs. Taking a factory reset is the best way of avoiding common problems many users face after applying software updates.
Before We Begin
- Make sure you have:
- A desktop computer or laptop that is running on a version of the Windows or Linux operating system (ideally Windows 10 but at least Windows 7).
- A USB data cable that allows you to connect your smartphone or tablet to the computer.
- The scatter loading file/files you want to flash to the smartphone or tablet.
- You need to install USB drivers on the computer that allows for your smartphone or tablet to connect with the flashing tool. Several drivers can achieve this. If the drivers in the tutorial do not work for your device, try getting in contact with your smartphone’s manufacturer via an official website or phone number, or use a driver that works for the branded chipset in your smartphone.
- We recommend backing up the smartphone or tablet before getting started. The Mi Flash Tool is a reliable tool, but whenever you are installing firmware—regardless of the tool—it is possible you may want to restore the old version of your device. You can only do that from a backup.
- You need to download a version of the Mi Flash Tool during the tutorial. You should always download the latest version of the tool. If that version does not work, try using an older version. Latest versions of tools have the best chance of being compatible.
1. Download the Xiaomi MI Flash Tool onto your computer and then extract it to the desktop.
2. Double-click on the MiFlash file to open the setup file.
3. Download the Xiaomi stock firmware file you wish to flash onto your computer.
4. Download and install the Xiaomi USB drivers on the computer so the PC can detect the smartphone and allow it to connect to the flashing tool.
5. Turn off the Huawei P9 EVA-DL00 smartphone or tablet by long-pressing the Power button or tapping on the Switch off option from the Power menu.
6. Boot the smartphone or tablet up into Download Mode by pressing the Power + Volume Down buttons for around eight seconds.
Note: Once you get into Download Mode/Fastboot Mode successfully, you will see a Xiaomi logo with the word Fastboot on the device’s display.
7. Connect the Huawei P9 EVA-DL00 smartphone or tablet to the computer with its USB cable.
8. Locate the MiFlash Tool on the computer and then double-click on the XiaoMiFlash file.
9. If you get prompted by Microsoft Windows’ User Account Control, click on the Yes button.
a. Depending on your version of Windows, you may get a Windows protected your PC dialog. In Windows 10, for instance, this is standard. Click on the More info link to expand your options.
b. Click on the Run anyway button.
- As soon as you open the app, it may prompt you to install the USB drivers if you have not already. Follow the guidelines to install the drivers, or install them manually yourself by double-clicking on the USB driver file to open and install it.
- You can get the Android USB drivers for your OEM from the official Android developer’s webpage here: Install OEM USB drivers – Android.com
10. From the MiFlash Tool interface, click on the Select button.
11. Browse your computer for the firmware file you wish to flash and then click on the OK button.
12. When the firmware is uploaded successfully, you will see its file extension path in the available field from the MiFlash interface.
13. Click on the Flash button to begin the flashing.
There are some common questions people have before installing firmware files. Here are the ones we are regularly asked:
How to Unroot Huawei P9 EVA-DL00 When Installing New Firmware
There can often be a variety of ways to unroot a device that runs Android, and they depend on what method you used to get root access. If you installed SuperSU for root access, then you can open the app and find the option to unroot directly from SuperSU’s settings. On the other hand, if you do not have SuperSU, and you do have a Huawei smartphone or tablet, then you can always unroot by installing the stock firmware. Once you have followed the guide above, your device will automatically be unrooted. You can verify that is the case by installing one of the many applications from Google Play that checks for root access. As long as you are using a reliable app, then typically it will not lie about the root status of your mobile device.
How to Restore Stock Recovery on Huawei P9 EVA-DL00 When Installing New Firmware
One of the most common reasons for installing the stock firmware is to remove a custom recovery image and revert to the stock recovery. There is nothing you need to do extra to reinstall the stock recovery on your device; when you install the stock firmware, it will automatically install the stock recovery partition on the device once again.
You can download Android firmware for other Android devices if you have another smartphone or tablet from a different manufacturer.
- Download Huawei Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Official Huawei Ascend G630-U10 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Official Huawei P8 Lite B602 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Official Huawei P10 VTR-L09 Stock ROM for Your Device