Smartphone operating systems might not always be as easy to navigate as desktop OSs—finding files nested on the Android operating system can sometimes be a complex task in comparison to using File Explorer on the Windows operating system—but one thing that does work in their favor is problem-solving.
Rarely do you ever have to spend time trying to figure out the solution to a problem with the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone because most things can be fixed by simply taking a hard reset instead, a bit like utilizing a get out of jail free card.
Despite many people saying otherwise, a hard reset and a factory reset on the Huawei P8 Lite device will yield the same outcomes: the phone will be restored to its default, factory state on both occasions. In other words, the same state that it was in when it left the factory responsible for manufacturing it. This means you shouldn’t expect to find any applications that you installed yourself still on the device. Any settings that you changed will be returned to how they were when you first opened the Huawei P8 Lite out of the box too. And, of course, unless you took a backup, all the data that you accumulated—pictures, documents, music, so forth—will no longer be available once the hard reset is complete.
There are numerous similarities between computers and smartphones: they are made up of many of the same components, and all have the same heart, veins, and brain, so to speak. When it comes to resetting the software though, there are some differences. A modern-day computer operating system will offer three ways to reset: rebooting the OS, force-closing all open applications and forcing a reboot, and then a third way, which will return the device to its factory state, if desired. The mobile operating system offers the factory reset option, and the only alternative being the soft reset, which is the same as a straightforward reboot of the operating system.
You shouldn’t worry about a hard reset causing any harm to your Huawei P8 Lite smartphone; provided that you’ve backed up any data that you didn’t want to lose, very little else can go wrong.
This guide is also suitable for anyone who wants to learn:
- How to factory reset Huawei P8 Lite smartphones.
- How to wipe all data on Huawei P8 Lite smartphones.
- How to bypass screen lock on Huawei P8 Lite smartphones.
- How to restore defaults on Huawei P8 Lite smartphones.
- How to master reset Huawei P8 Lite smartphones.
This is what you need to do to apply a hard reset by using the hardware keys and the settings that already come with your device.
How to Hard Reset Huawei P8 Lite Smartphones
1. Press and hold the Power button on the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone and then select the option to witch it off from the menu.
2. Boot the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone by holding down the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
3. Release the two buttons after a few seconds and then select the “wipe data/factory reset” option from the recovery menu. (You can scroll the menu using the Volume buttons and then confirm your selection by pressing the Power button.)
4. Choose the “wipe data/factory reset” option once again from the menu.
5. Once all the data is wiped, select the “reboot system now” option.
That is all you need to apply a hard reset on the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone.
Applying a hard reset is probably one of the more commonly exchanged phrases for when people are referring to implementing a factory reset, but the same guide above is also good for a few other causes. The same steps would also work if you just wanted to wipe all of the data on your Huawei P8 Lite smartphone, for instance. Likewise, you could also use the same steps for bypassing the screen lock or just to restore the defaults on the Huawei P8 Lite device.
- How to Hard Reset Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L04 Smartphones
- Download Huawei P8 Lite B602 Stock ROM for Your Device
- How to Root Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L21 on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) Software Updates
- How to Enter Recovery Mode on Huawei P8 Lite Smartphone
- How to Install Custom Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite Smartphone
- Download Huawei USB Drivers for All Devices
- Download Huawei Stock ROM for All Models