These are the instructions to enter Recovery Mode on the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone using the hardware buttons and an app from the Google Play Store.
The application from the Google Play Store for booting the P8 Lite into Recovery Mode is only available for P8 Lite’s with root access to the internal system. Conversely, everyone — whether you have a custom recovery or stock recovery — can use the guide below for booting into Recovery Mode using the hardware keys directly from your device.
Files You Need
- Download the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store if your P8 Lite smartphone is rooted and you prefer using an application.
Entering Recovery Mode on the Huawei P8 Lite
- Long-Press the Power button and turn off the device completely.
- Boot the P8 Lite up by holding the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
- Let go of the two button combination once you can see the Android robot laying down on the display.
- Navigate through the list by using the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.
- Confirm your actions from Recovery by pressing the Power button.
Those of you with a rooted P8 Lite and using the Quick Boot application can open the app and tap on the ‘Recovery’ option from the menu. Note that rooted users do not have to use the app from Google Play; it’s just there if you prefer using an application. Everyone can use the hardware key method above in the guide.
In conclusion, that’s how to get your Huawei P8 Lite smartphone operating in Recovery Mode. The same hardware buttons work for everyone; however, the features will vary if you have a custom recovery. Typically, those with a custom recovery can do more inside the said mode, including uploading zip files and taking complete backups with the touch of a single button — we call this the NANDroid Backup feature and it’s available from all main custom recoveries.