These are the instructions to enter recovery mode on the Huawei Honor 5X smartphone using the hardware keys directly from your device. Furthermore, those of you working with a rooted Honor 5X smartphone can install an application from the Google Play Store instead if you would prefer adding another app to your app drawer.
Adding apps come with both advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include you do not have to remember what the hardware button combination is when you need to boot the device in the said mode. The disadvantages include you are bloating your device with another app that will take away a bit more memory from your device which in turn means less overall performance. Additionally, too many apps on your device and it will drain the battery.
There are two main types of recovery a Huawei Honor 5X smartphone can have on the device. The most common is the stock recovery and the other is the custom recovery. A stock recovery automatically comes with your Honor 5X device and is there always unless you choose to flash a custom recovery. A custom recovery is made by third-party developers and are usually TWRP or Cyanogen Recovery bootable partitions. Older styles such as ClockworkMod Recovery are no longer active.
Files You Need
- Download the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store if you want to boot in Recovery Mode using an app and not the hardware buttons.
- Everyone preferring to use the hardware buttons can do so after the guide below.
- The Recovery Mode is a bootable partition that is separate from your Android operating system, but still comes to you by Android and your manufacturer. Nothing you can do in this mode voids the warranty unless you have a custom recovery.
Entering the Recovery Mode on the Huawei Honor 5X
- Start by turning off the Honor 5X device.
- Boot up by pressing the Volume Up and Power buttons. Do not let go of the two buttons until you can see the Android robot logo on the display.
- Your device will now boot in the Recovery Mode.
- Scroll through the list by using the Volume keys and confirm your choices by using the Power button.
In conclusion, you all should get access to the recovery partition using the hardware buttons — it doesn’t matter if you have a stock or custom recovery. Furthermore, those of you with root access can install the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store. Open the Quick Boot app and choose the option from the menu that suggests booting it up in Recovery Mode.