One of the biggest advancements Google made with their Android operating system is having the Google search bar very prominent on the home screen, just like they have with Google Now. Since Google owns Android that is only fitting. You should also understand that no other OS like iOS can have the license to use it on the home screen like Android can, so you might want to think about that before deciding to remove it. However, regardless of that, not everyone wants to have the Google search bar on their devices home screen. Thankfully, there’s a way to remove the Google search bar from the home screen on Android.
Here’s how to do that:
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Charge your Android smartphone battery before starting so it doesn’t shut down during the guide.
- You don’t need to back up the data before starting since we are only performing a minor tweak from the Settings.
- You are not voiding the warranty by following this guide. It has nothing to do with gaining root access on your Android.
HOW TO REMOVE GOOGLE SEARCH BAR FROM HOME SCREEN
- Turn on the Android device you want and tap on the app drawer from the home screen.
- Tap the Application Manager icon.
- navigate to the Apps tab by swiping left.
- Search for the Google Search bar.
- Tap on the option when it comes up on the screen.
- Confirm you want to removed by tapping the “OK” option.
Now you have finished the steps you should have removed the Google Search bar from Android successfully.