The Edge browser has been updated to version 97.0.1060.2. This update to the Dev channel was released on November 2, 2021.
Edge Dev 97.0.1060.2 allows you to draw your random highlights on PDF files. You can now choose to print nothing but even or uneven pages. You can create accounts for new websites in one click now thanks to a new option to autofill details and generate passwords at the same time. There’s also an option to update an old password with one click from the leaked passwords Settings page that will automatically update your passwords on those websites. You can read the rest of the new features in the changelog below.
The rest of the features changelog according to Micfosoft:
- Added the Downloads button to windows opened with the –app command line flag.
- Management policies (updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet):
- Added a policy to control if the Internet Explorer Mode Toolbar Button is Enabled.
- Added a policy to control if the ability for Edge to automatically Enhance Images is Enabled.
- Added a policy to control if Accessibility Image Labels are Enabled, which controls if a service can be used to generate descriptions for images that don’t already have them.
- Added an experimental WebView2 API to handle basic website authentication (Issue 120).
- Added an experimental API to WebView2 apps to send and receive post web messages to iframes (Issue 139).
- Added an API to WebView2 apps to query the user data folder location.
Additionally, Microsoft recently launched a new feedback section of their website, which acts as a forum for feedback. This will run in conjunction with the traditional feedback hub. Rather than replacing the feedback hub, Microsoft is looking for ways to include more people in the feedback and had perhaps found out that some found it arduous to leave feedback in the hub. There may be other reasons for Microsoft’s decision as well: it’s generally a good idea to have your words on the Web because then they become indexed in search engines and you never know where you may start getting views from or how important they might be for somebody.
You can read up on the rest of the changes, improvements, and known issues from here: Dev channel update to 97.0.1060.2 is live.
The Edge browser will automatically update itself the next time you close the browser window. However, if your browser is open, you can head to Settings > Help and Feedback > About Microsoft Edge, and then the browser will automatically check for new updates and apply them.
- Edge Dev 96.0.1054.2 Addresses Several Minor Usability Issues
- Edge Dev 96.0.1047.2 Brings Download Button/Menu to Pop-Outs and More
- Edge 96.0.1032.0 Released to Dev Channel
- Edge Dev 96.0.1028.0 Allows Viewable Office Files Direct in Browser and More
- Edge Dev 95.0.1000.0 Brings Sync of Custom Internet Explorer Mode Site Lists
- Edge Dev 94.0.992.1 Allows Show/Hide for Microsoft Rewards Points and More