The Edge browser has been updated to build 94.0.992.1. This build for the Dev channel was released on August 24, 2021.
Build 94.0.992.1 comes with several new features. Once installed you can choose between whether or not you would like to show Microsoft Rewards points on your profile. You can also open local HTML files on iOS. And there is now a Downloads pop-up when using PWAs and websites that have been installed as apps. If you want to install a website as an app, you can do that from Edge’s settings menu by heading to Settings > Apps and then clicking on Install this site as an app.
Here is the full changelog provided by Microsoft:
Features added to build 94.0.992.1:
- Added support for the Downloads popup in PWAs and websites installed as apps.
- Added a setting to control if Microsoft Rewards points are shown on the browser’s profile UI.
- Added the ability to open local HTML files on iOS.
- Added an API to WebView2 for launching the Browser Task Manager.
- Added an API to WebView2 to listen for browser exits.
- Added a management policy to control if the setting for Web RTC to Respect the OS Routing Table is Enabled. Note that updates to administrative templates or documentation may not be live yet.
- Re-added URL suggestions to error pages that result from mis-typed web addresses.
Improved reliability on build 94.0.992.1:
- Fixed an issue where certain antivirus products prevent the browser from opening.
- Fixed a crash that happens when popups open or close.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with tabs.
- Fixed a crash when navigating to a website.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed an issue where Guided Switch crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when saving autofill data from a popup that offered to save it.
- Fixed a crash on certain iPhones.
Changed behavior on build 94.0.992.1:
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes shows a profile error upon startup and duplicate profiles in the profile picker.
- Fixed an issue on Windows 11 where windows are sometimes blank or white.
- Fixed an issue where searching Settings causes it to go blank.
- Fixed an issue where searching in Settings sometimes doesn’t return any results when it should.
- Fixed an issue where Collections sometimes can’t be opened because the entry is grayed out.
- Fixed an issue where the current page sometimes can’t be added to a Collection.
- Fixed an issue where the page size is blank in Print Preview.
- Fixed an issue where the tab audio indicator sometimes doesn’t appear when it should.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips like the URL preview sometimes appear in incorrect places.
- Fixed an issue where Efficiency Mode doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where spellcheck sometimes gets unexpectedly disabled.
- Fixed an issue where spellcheck sometimes can’t be enabled.
- Fixed an issue where passwords imported from other browsers sometimes don’t sync.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where signing back in to verify a browser account when prompted to sometimes results in an error message that it doesn’t meet the criteria to access the resource.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where certain websites can’t be logged into.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where certain sites can’t be viewed in desktop mode.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where navigations are sometimes inordinately slow.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse sometimes becomes invisible in IE mode tabs.
- Fixed an issue where WebView2 applications sometimes show an ERR_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT_NEEDED error after updating.
- Fixed an issue in WebView2 where SetVirtualHostNameToFolderMapping doesn’t apply to child windows opened from the WebView2 application.
- Fixed an issue in WebView2 where a “not working” dialog sometimes appears.
Microsoft is already aware of many known issues. You can find out what they are from here: Dev channel update to 94.0.992.1 is live.
- Edge 92.0.902.78 Released to Stable Channel
- Edge 93.0.964.0 Released to Canary Channel
- Edge 93.0.957.0 Adds Ability to Change Icon for PWAs or Websites Installed as Apps
- Edge 92.0.902.55 Brings Security Updates for Chromium
- Edge 93.0.946.0 Adds Windows 11 Visual Updates to Change Menu Fonts
- Edge 93.0.933.1 Changes Browser to Show Tab Groups by Default