Vivaldi is a freeware, cross-platform web browser developed by Vivaldi Technologies, a company founded by Tatsuki Tomita and Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner, who was the co-founder and CEO of Opera Software. Vivaldi was officially launched on April 6, 2016.
Although intended for general users, it is first and foremost targeted towards technically-inclined users as well as former Opera users disgruntled by its transition from the Presto layout engine to a Chromium-based browser that resulted in the loss of many of its iconic features. Despite also being Chromium-based, Vivaldi aims to revive the features of the Presto-based Opera with its own proprietary modifications.
The following improvements were made since the first 3.6 stable, minor update:
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 88.0.4324.186
- [Crash][Panels] Guest Profile can open a new window and crash from Window Panel (VB-76738)
- [Crash] when ending tab share with getDisplayMedia (VB-76030)
- [Downloads] Problems downloading from Google services, e.g cannot export Google Contacts (0 bytes) (VB-40929)
- [Windows] Wrong character coding in the browser update dialog: testable from the update after this (VB-76409)
- Vivaldi 3.6.2165.40 Windows 64-bit
- Vivaldi 3.6.2165.40 Windows 32-bit
- Vivaldi 3.6.2165.40 Android
- Vivaldi 3.6.2165.40 macOS
- Vivaldi 3.6.2165.40 Linux Deb 32-bit
- Vivaldi 3.6.2165.40 Linux Deb 64-bit
- Vivaldi 3.6.2165.40 Linux RPM 32-bit
- Vivaldi 3.6.2165.40 Linux RPM 64-bit