The Developer Channel for the Firefox browser has been updated to version 90.0b9. Firefox has not released any news regarding this update. It likely includes minor security updates on top of the original Firefox 90.0 build which was released back on June 1.
Firefox 90.0 is famous for allowing the browser to update in the Windows background even though the browser itself is not running. Firefox announced the new background updating feature would be slowly released over the coming months to everyone’s computers.
The Firefox browser will automatically update itself in the background when it’s closed. If the browser is open and you want to update it, you can navigate to the Settings > Help > About Firefox, and then the browser will automatically check for any new updates.
- Firefox 89.0.1 Solves Screen Reader Problems, More
- Firefox 90.0b3 Brings Fixes and Improvements
- Firefox 89.0 Brings Floating Tabs with Extra Information When You Need It
- Firefox 89.0b13 Simplifies Toolbar and Removes Infrequently Used Features
- Firefox 88.0.1 Includes Fix for Widevine Plugin