Windows 10 Version 21H1 Cumulative Update KB5003537 for NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 is rolling out now. It comes with several quality and reliability updates which can be read below.
The quality and reliability improvements included in this update:
- Addresses an issue affecting a DataGrid contained in an outer ScrollViewer.
- Addresses a crash due to ElementNotAvailableException in a ListView with custom data-item automation peers.
- When the process is not under high memory pressure it tends to favor doing BGCs over doing full compacting GCs. This is usually desirable but if the app behavior changes dramatically, it could cause much of the fragmentation in older generations (ie, gen2 and LOH) to be unused. You can collect GC ETW events which tell you how much fragmentation there is in gen2 and LOH and verify if you are in this situation.
- Addresses an issue in Property Grid control to prevent incorrect data read in some scenarios in 64 bit processes.
- Addresses an issue where System.Drawing double frees allocated memory when failing to get printer settings.
- Addresses a regression introduced in previous updates. We now honor WinTrust policy setting “Ignore timestamp revocation checks” setting when validating timestamps in ClickOnce manifests.