Anyone looking to be on the latest version of Android 5.0 Lollipop should check out the Plasma ROM. While not the most appealing name of the pack, the Plasma ROM does offer what could be the most appealing version of Android to be based on considering how popular Lollipop eventually became. The Plasma ROM is also famous for bringing in features no other custom ROM has to offer, including a working S-Browser that developers are pinning as more stable and faster than Google’s Chrome browser.
Files You Need
- Download the Plasma custom ROM file from here.
- The instructions you are reading in this article are written for people using TWRP Recovery for a custom recovery. Moreover, they are done for people with a Windows operating system on a computer. You can expect the instructions to vary slightly if you are using CWM recovery or a different operating system on your computer.
Installing the Plasma custom ROM on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download the Plasma custom ROM file from the files section above and copy it over to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the Plasma ROM zip file over to the root of the internal storage SD card and then unplug your device from the computer when you are finished.
- Long-press the Power button on the S5 device and get it to shut down completely.
- Reboot the S5 handset holding the hardware button combination for recovery mode or install the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store and choose the recovery mode option from the Quick Boot menu.
- Once you have the S5 booted in recovery mode, choose the ‘Backup’ option from the main menu and continue to take the NANDroid backup so your data is safe.
- Tap on the ‘Wipe’ button from the menu and it will wipe the data and then factory reset the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button from the TWRP menu and then follow the instructions to browse the SD card and upload your Plasma ROM files.
- Choose the option that says it will reboot the system once you have finished with the flashing of the ROM file and your S5 smartphone will reboot back into normal mode.
In conclusion, that’s all you need to install the Plasma custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for Verizon subscribers. You can always choose to flash a new custom ROM on the device or flash the old stock ROM on the device. Furthermore, there’s nothing stopping you from keeping the Plasma custom ROM from running on your device forever. The choice is yours!