The Acheron custom ROM is one to check out if you are attracted to the darker side of ROM building. It comes with intense graphics that would appeal to people who usually enjoy dark themes and is designed to entice you into its world, similar to that of an episode of Game Of Thrones. On top of its original style and theme, you can a good deal of customization options from your ROM and more than most others that are available for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5.
Files You Need
- Download the Acheron custom ROM file from here.
- The instructions in this guide are written for the TWRP Recovery and a Windows computer. The wording will vary slightly on the button if you are using a different custom recovery such as the ClockworkMod Recovery.
Installing the Acheron custom ROM on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download the Acheron custom ROM file from the link above and copy it over to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 by Verizon to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the Acheron ROM zip file over to the root of the internal SD card storage space.
- Unplug the Samsung Galaxy S5 from the computer and turn it off completely by long-pressing the Power button or choosing the option to switch it off from the device options menu.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to recovery mode using the keys on your device or the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store.
- From the recovery menu, choose the option to take a complete backup — this will take the infamous NANDroid backup for your device.
- Choose the option to wipe your smartphone from the recovery menu next and it will wipe the data and apply a factory reset.
- Tap on the installing button from the main recovery menu and browse the SD card for the Acheron custom ROM file that should still be zipped.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to upload and fully install that new Acheron ROM on your device.
- Choose the option that says it will reboot the system after your ROM is installed.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the Acheron custom ROM on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone using your custom recovery. You can remove the Acheron ROM by heading to the Sam Mobile website and finding your stock ROM file. Now load that stock ROM using the Odin flashing tool. Otherwise, you can always install a new custom ROM that is available for your device instead, and do that using the TWRP Recovery like during the guide above.