Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA update finally lands on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900. You can experience this update to your Note 3 also even if this update is not available on your Note 3. This update can’t land on every Note 3 at the same time. You can manually apply this update to your Note 3 N900 using Odin software.
If you have your Note 3 rooted and a custom ROM installed so you definitely will not get this OTA update notification on your Note 3. And if you are planing to install stock ROM on your Note 3 so why not install stock Android 5.0 Lollipop available for your Note 3? This ROM will give you fresh and improved interface and performance to your Note 3.
Applying this Android 5.0 Lollipop update to your Galaxy Note 3 using Odin is good cause by this way you are not going to harm your phone either way or void your phone ‘s warranty. This is an easy and risk free process
Android 5.0 Lollipop have some good features like material design, light interface and full charge in less than 15 minutes. Android also have some good apps you would love. And also there is a playable Flappy Bird like game in Easter egg in Android 5.0 Lollipop to have fun with.
There are some guidelines you should read to get ready your phone before applying this update.
- As we are using Odin to apply this update to your Note 3 N900 so make sure you have a windows based PC with you (windows based tablet can also do this but Macintosh can’t). Disable all the security related software like antivirus or anti malware on your PC during this process cause they can interfere between the process and this can lead to a bricked device.
- Backup – This is a must thing to do before performing such kind of processes with any of your phone. Backup all of your important things to any safe place. You can sync your contacts to your Google account so that you can get them back after update completes. You can use Titanium Backup application available on Google Play Store to back up your important apps and restore them after the backup is complete. And backup all your audio, video and important documents to PC or any other external device so you can’t lose them during this update process cause Odin will erase everything on the phone’s internal memory during all this update process.
- Odin software only works with Samsung devices, made by some third-party developers only to flash firmware and recoveries to Samsung devices. Odin only detects devices on download mode so you need to put your Note 3 on download mode by powering down you phone then power it up by pressing power key, volume down key and home key together.
- On your Note 3 USB debugging option will be enabled before putting it to download mode. You can do this by going to settings > About Device > tap on Build Number 7 times rapidly, now go back to settings > Developer Options > enable the USB Debugging option.
- Charge your device to at least 75% before performing this update process, your phone will not lose power during all this process cause if this happens you will get nothing but hard bricked device.
- Apply this update only on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 having model number N900, using these files, software and process on other phone can brick your device. If you still try to do this on other android device or other Samsung variant, you can’t put that blame on us as we already warned you about this.
Steps to apply Android 5.0 Lollipop XXUEBOA6 to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900
- Download Samsung Kies and Odin on your PC.
- Install Samsung Kies on your PC so USB drivers for your Note 3 will get install on your PC automatically.
- Download Update file going to this page.
- Unzip firmware package and Odin zip package anywhere on your PC.
- Kill all the Samsung Kies related process on your PC using Task Manager.
- Turn your phone off and put it on Download mode (the way i told you before in guidelines).
- Run Odin on your PC and connect your Note 3 with your PC via USB cable.
- A message “added” will tell you that your device is detected be Odin.
- On Odin click on PDA then select the firmware file downloaded and unzipped earlier.
- Now click on Start and wait until a PASS message will appear on Odin and your Note 3 will restart automatically.
- Now unplug your device and wait until you reach to the welcome page.
- Congrats! Now you have Android 5.0 Lollipop installed on your Note 3.
Enjoy this new Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Note 3. If your phone is not booting up even after a long time don’t worry you can easily repeat the process anytime and get your phone back.
Please like and share this tutorial with others also so that other people will also get benefit of this. And if you have any query about this don’t hesitate post it in the comment section below we are happy to hear from you and try to answer your questions ASAP.