This new flagship from Huawei is now in the market and it is unique in its rooting perspective. Unlike other devices, it doesn’t guide you about the unlocking process, nor gives you software/drivers to do that. But don’t worry; we have got you covered! I have a really easy method on how to unlock the bootloader on your Huawei P8. But, you’ll need to email Huawei and obtain an unlock code. But we will get to it in just a minute.
Why do want to unlock bootloader on your smartphone? Well, you can install custom recovery, custom ROMS or go all crazy on your device as you can enjoy various apps and functions on your device once you root it. But beware that the process of unlocking wipes all of your data on your data. Moreover, the warranty is also voided after this process. It means that the warranty of the device can’t be claimed.
- Flashing or unlocking stuff on Huawei is a bit different compared to other mainstream Android devices in a sense that you need to obtain a specific code from Huawei. It’s as easy as sending an email. Yes, all you have to do is to send an email to Huawei with your Product ID, IMEI and Serial number and request them to send you the unlock code. Go to About Phone>Status to get the IMEI and Serial Number of your device. Dial*#*#1357946#*#* to get the product code
- The process flashes your memory and wipes all your data. It is wise to backup all your important messages, contacts, music, photos and videos.
- Check your battery and charge your device if it has insufficient battery. The phone may turn off during the process and your device may get bricked. So make sure you have 80% battery on your device.
How to unlock the Huawei P8 Bootloader
- You have to download the Android Software Kit. Install the USB drivers. Click here to download.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by going to About Phone > Build Number. Tap on Build Number seven to eight times. Now to Setting > Developer Options to enable USB Debugging.
- Download the Fastboot and extract the files to “android-sdk-windows\platform-tools” Create the directory if it is not already present there.
- Turn off your device.
- Attach your device to the computer via USB cord.
- Now you have to enter the bootloader on your device. Press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Button for some time until you see text on your screen.
- Once the device is in the Bootloader Mode, go to the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer. Press the Shift key and Right-Click to open a Command Prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt Window, type “fastboot oem unlock EnterCODEhere”. Replace EnterCODEhere with the code you received from Huawei.
- You’ll have on-screen instructions. Follow them and confirm bootloader unlocker.
- At the end, the Huawei P8 will reboot itself.
- If it doesn’t reboot itself, you can type the command “fastboot reboot” in the command prompt window to manually reboot your device.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto G 2015 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 2 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Oppo N3 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G4 (Europe) Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Ascend G526 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto E Smartphones