You might remember us saying that you can record the screen of your Android device by installing one of the many screenshot apps available from the Google Play Store. If you struggle hunting one of those apps down, you might want to try installing the Screencast Video Recorder as a dedicated Screen Recording app available for rooted ZTE Zinger users.
Files You Need
- Download the KingRoot universal one-click rooting tool from it’s XDA Developers page.
- You cannot brick your device using the KingRoot tool. if your device is not compatible with the current KingRoot tool, it will tell you on the display after you click the button. Therefore, there is little risk using this guide.
- The KingRoot tool is often updated. If your device is not currently supported come back and try again in a few weeks and see if your device has been added to the list of supported devices.
Rooting the ZTE Zinger
- The KingRoot tool can fall under the how to root ZTE Zinger without a PC category, but we recommend you use a PC when you can. transfer the files from the computer to your SD card is always the safest way to transfer that file.
- Download the KingRoot APK from the files section above and have it on the desktop of your computer.
- Those of you using a Windows PC should find it ends up in the Downloads folder by default. Open that same Downloads folder and find your KingRoot file. Now just click and drag it over to the desktop.
- Connect the ZTE Zinger to the computer using the USB cable.
- Transfer the KingRoot APK from the desktop to the root of your SD card internal storage.
- Unplug the ZTE Zinger from the computer once you have it on the internal SD card storage.
- Launch a File Manager on your ZTE Zinger and install the KingRoot APK on your device.
- Open the app drawer and tap over the KingRoot app icon to open that app. You will see three new apps in total, but only the way that says KingRoot on it is what you want for now.
- From the main app page, tap your finger over the large button that suggest Root access and it will now root your device.
- Exit the app and reboot the Zinger device once you see the progress bar reach 100% and it gives you the success message.
Once you reboot the device, you do not need to head to the Google Play Store and install the SuperSU app. The KingRoot universal one-click rooting application comes with its own version of SuperSU which is the KingUser app. It’s that same KingUser app which you can see in the app drawer that is giving your apps the rooting permissions. It’;s also the KingUser app you want to enter if you ever want to unroot the ZTE Zinger device.