Sammy’s latest Galaxy Note 5 has been rooted, all thanks to TWRP and SuperSU. First, TWRP made its way to this latest Note device from Samsung which was followed by SuperSU to gain root-access.
Once you’ve gained root-access on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5, you will be able to customize your device way beyond your thinking. From customizing individual elements like your launcher, to going as far as to changing the whole operating system of your phone, you can do everything once you’re rooted.
Rooting your phone is not as hard as you think it is. Actually, it’s far easier to root your device than to install an app and configure it. And, we’ve done our best to help you root your device by creating the following guide with the simplest steps possible. So, go ahead and follow the following steps to root your device. When you are done, celebrate the newly found freedom!
The Files You Need
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your phone before you can do this tutorial. If you don’t have one, please flash one first using our how to flash a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 tutorial.
- You will flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery to achieve root-access on your phone.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Do not extract it, leave it in its original format which is .zip.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure your phone is in data transfer mode or this tutorial won’t work.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. Place it on the top of the storage to make it easily accessible.
- When SuperSU .zip is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer as you will not need to use your computer in the following steps.
- Turn off your phone.
- Pull the battery out of your phone and put it back in after a couple of seconds.
- Now, while your phone is turned off, press and hold Volume UP, Home, and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- Your phone should reboot into TWRP custom recovery mode.
- On the main interface of the recovery menu, tap on Install which will allow you to install SuperSU on your phone.
- Navigate to the internal SD card storage on your phone to find SuperSU. When you have found it, tap on it and it will be selected for flashing on your phone.
- Tap on Swipe to Confirm Flash in the recovery menu to flash the selected file on your phone.
- Wait for TWRP to install SuperSU .zip on your phone. It should not take too long to install.
- When TWRP’s done flashing SuperSU, reboot your phone by selecting Reboot followed by System.
- Your phone will reboot into normal mode.
- You are now rooted!
Root access has been successfully achieved on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and you can confirm the same using Root Checker on your phone.
Now that you have a custom recovery and root-access on your phone, go ahead and try out some custom ROMs on your phone and see which one works the best for you.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9152) On Android 4.2.2
- How To Install Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8
- How To Unroot Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9152)
- How To Root OnePlus 2 On Android 6.0.1
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 2
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.