The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom launched last year. It has the best camera ever made for smartphones (except Nokia Lumia 1020). This phone comes with Android KitKat and there’s no promise done by Samsung to update it to Android 5.0 Lollipop, that means you have to install a custom ROM to get a feel of it on your phone. But before that you have to root your phone and to do this you have to read this whole guide.
First you have to know that rooting your phone may void your phone’s warranty. Neither Samsung or Google recommend this type of actions with your phone because any carelessness may brick your device so follow the steps carefully. And you will be charged for the next assistance at care center.
Details of Note
- Backup all the important data stored on your phone to your PC or any other external drive. You can backup all of your contacts by syncing them to your Google account. Backup all of your media files to any safe place.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone. You can enable it by going to settings > Developer options >check the USB debugging option there. (If you can’t see Developer options in Settings then unlock it by going to Settings > About Phone > tap on Build Number 7 times). Make sure that your phone have at least 50% battery left on it because your phone will restart several times during the process.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy K Zoom Blanc
- First you have to download and install Samsung Kies on your PC from here so USB drivers of your phone will get automatically installed. Also make sure to disable any kind on security related software like antivirus or anti malware so the process can run smoothly without any disturbance.
- Download the root package file from here and extract it on the desktop of your PC or anywhere on your PC from where you are able to find it easily.
- Now reboot your phone to download mode by turning off your phone and turn it on by pressing and holding zoom left key and power key together for 5 to 10 seconds. When you presented with a warning screen just press zoom right key once to proceed to download mode.
- On PC launch the Odin software from the extracted folder (downloaded in step 2).
- Plug in your phone to your PC using USB cable.
- On Odin software check for the Added!! Message in message box, click on PDA and select the CF Auto Root file from the extracted folder and click on Start.
- After some time your phone will be flashed with root package file and you can see a PASS! message above the option box.
Now you have your phone successfully rooted and you can do any UI customization or performance customization on your phone. If you are facing any difficulty rooting your phone then you can post your difficulty in comment section below, I’ll be happy to help.