Rooting the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G is as easy as pie, all thanks to the custom recovery and the Chainfire’s SuperSU method. Once you’ve installed the SuperSU zip on your device, you should be rooted. What that means is you can then install whatever root-requiring apps you want on your device.
Not only can you install apps, but you can even install a newer (or older) version of Android on your device once you’re rooted. Following is how you can root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G using the custom recovery:
Files You Need
1. You must have a custom recovery installed on your device before you can do the following tutorial. Please refer to our how to install a custom recovery on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G tutorial to learn how you can get your device installed with a custom recovery.
2. Download SuperSU to your computer. It is the file that will help you gain root-access on your device.
Rooting the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
1. Don’t extract the SuperSU archive. Leave it as is.
2. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the SD card storage on your device.
4. When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
5. Open the Updater app on your device.
6. Press the Menu button and select Reboot to Recovery.
7. Your phone should reboot into recovery mode.
8. In the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
9. Choose the SuperSU zip to be installed on your device.
10. Wait for it to install the zip on your device.
11. When the SuperSU zip is installed, reboot your device.
12. You’re now rooted!
Cheers! Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G is now rooted and you can confirm the same using Root Checker on your device.