The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime has been blessed with both CWM and TWRP custom recoveries. It’s now up to the user to decide what recovery he or she wishes to use on his/her device. If you installed the CWM Recovery on your device but it just didn’t match your taste, you might want to try out the TWRP Recovery on your device.
The following tutorial teaches how you can install the TWRP custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime:
Files You Need
1. Your device must be rooted before you can do the following tutorial. You can check out our how to root the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime tutorial to learn how you can root your device.
2. Download Odin to your computer. You’ll use it to install the recovery on your device.
3. Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It’s the recovery that you’ll install on your device.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
1. Extract files from Odin by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Launch Odin by double-clicking on its executable file.
3. Click on PDA and choose TWRP Recovery available on your computer. The file that you select here will be installed on your device.
4. Make sure you haven’t checkmarked the Repartition option. It must be unchecked.
5. Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Reboot your phone into download mode by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. Hit Volume UP when a warning message appears on your screen. You should now be in download mode.
9. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and wait for it to install the recovery on your device.
11. When the recovery is installed, your phone will automatically reboot.
12. You’re done.
And there you go.
Related Reading: The Best Custom ROMs For The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
TWRP Recovery was successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and you are all ready to enjoy the really great features of TWRP on your device!