With full access to the root file system, you are able to grant apps permission to use that same file system. That’s the file system many apps from the Google Play Store need access to use, such as the free WiFi hotspot. Rooting can sometimes help you install a custom recovery. The custom recovery is what you need to install a custom ROM. A custom ROM is popular due to the fact that it can update your current ROM to a newer version of Android. We call these unofficial software update where a third-party developer has made a new ROM. You don’t always need root access to install a custom recovery, though, and sometimes there aren’t many ROMs available for device. It just depends how popular the device is on the market.
The rooting guide for the Huawei Ascend Y200 needs get to a custom recovery installed before the root access. It’s often like that for some devices. We have the steps during the guide to install that custom recovery for you so you don’t need to find out how to get that on down elsewhere.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting file you need from here.
- Download the Superuser you need from here.
- Download the ADB and Fastboot from here.
- These are the steps to root the Huawei Ascend Y200 smartphone. You must have a Windows PC to use this guide. Moreover, you are voiding the warranty by following this guide. Most Huawei devices get the warranty back again by following an unrooting guide for the same device.
Rooting the Huawei Ascend Y200
- Transfer the three files over to the desktop of the computer.
- Leave the Superuser file zipped.
- Right-click over the Root File and the ADB/Fastboot package and select the ‘extract here’ option from the menu.
- Connect the Huawei Ascend Y200 to the computer where you have the files.
- Transfer the Superuser file (zipped) over to the root of the internal SD card folder. That means keep the Superuser in the topmost folder and do not hide it in any sub folder.
- Disconnect the Ascend Y200 from the computer and the USB cable.
- Completely power it off by long-pressing the Power button.
- Reboot the Y200 smartphone by holding the Power + Volume Down keys.
- Your device is now in Fastboot mode; connect it to the computer.
- Run the root_v5.2.bat that’s on the desktop.
- Follow the guide on the display to finish installing the custom recovery on your device. Now that you have a custom recovery (CWM recovery) you can get root access.
- Turn off the device again by holding down the Power key.
- reboot it in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Power keys together until you see the recovery displayed on the screen.
- Select the ‘install from zip from SD card’, followed by ‘choose zip from SD card’.
- Browse the SD card for the Superuser file you transferred at the beginning of the guide.
- Wait for the Superuser file to flash before rebooting it again. You can do that by navigating to the main recovery menu and selecting the ‘reboot system now’ option from the menu.
You may install the root checker app if you wish to save yourself the time in understanding if you have root access or not.