Apple released the final installment of iOS 6.1 today. The first thing that all jailbreakers want to know is, is it safe to update? The answer is a big yes for all pre-A5 devices, thanks to the latest version of Redsn0w that will indeed let users update to iOS 6.1 and still be able to jailbreak.
If you want to know how to update to iOS 6.1, then follow this guide. If you have already updated to iOS 6.1 and are looking for the tethered jailbreak guide using Redsn0w, then take a look after the jump.
Here’s how you can jailbreak the iOS 6.1 software update on your iPhone or iPod touch devices.
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1 for iPhone and iPod Touch
Step 1. Firstly, you will need to download iOS 6.1 and also iOS 6.
Step 2. Get your hands on the latest Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for Mac or Windows.
Step 3. using your iPhone or iPod Touch, navigate your way to Extras > Select IPSW.From here, you will need to select the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW.
Step 4. Open up Redsn0w and on the front screen will be a Jailbreak button, select it. It will now take you through to another screen. From here, click on the next button and the following page select Cydia.
Step 5. Next, put your iPhone or iPod Touch into DFU mode. Follow the link provided for how to put your device into DFU mode. Once in DFU mode follow the instructions for what to do next.
Step 6. Once you have finished, your device will now be Jailbroken. However, please remember this is a tethered jailbreak which will require you to boot into its jailbroken state again every time you reboot the device. To do this, all you need to do is open Redsnow, select extras followed by the just boot option. The device will now be jailbroken again.
You might also be interested in:
- Pod2G and PlanetBeing Exposing More Vulnerabilities in iOS 6; Jailbreak Not Far Away
- Rage Maker for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch New Version 1.5.1 [Download]
- New iOS hackers Group Evad3rs Announced By Pod2g
- Was Pod2g Trying to Bluff Apple in Desperate Attempt to Open iOS?
- Evad3rs Team Launches Website and Names iOS 6 – 6.1 Jailbreak Evasi0n
- Intelliscreen X 6 Extends iOS Devices Notification Center to Lock Screen
- Jailbreak iOS 6.1 with Sn0wbreeze 2.9.8 for iPhone 4, 3GS and Ipod Touch 4G