Why do you want to get access to the recovery modes? The universal reason is the fact that you can get access to the firmware version of your smartphone. Recovery is a limited partition with the Android OS on your device. In case of any malfunction, it can be used to gain back your device. This is done, obviously, by removing all the internal data of your smartphone.
Stock recovery is something that comes pre-installed on your device. It has limited functionality, but the good news is it’s easy to have a custom recovery on it. By entering recovery mode, you are able to add custom recovery, ROMs, kernels, apply unofficial updates or completely reset it.
- DO NOT try this if you are just a beginner as you may not follow the steps properly and may end up with a bricked device. This method, as being unofficial, should only be used by experienced Android developers.
- The procedure wipes off all your data. So make sure that you have backed up all your data on your computer
- When you flash your phone, it void’s the device’s warranty. We are not responsible fo that. Neither if you end up with a bricked device. Try this procedure at your own risk.
Entering the recovery mode on your LG G2 device is as easy as pie. Mentioned below is a classic method that doesn’t require any updates, downloads or use of an app.
How to enter the LG G2 in the stock Recovery mode
- Take your phone and press the power button. Select the “Power Off” option.
- Wait for a few seconds while our phone is shutting down. Now, press the Power button and the Volume Down button both as the same time fora few seconds until the LG logo appears on the screen.
- Release the buttons now.
- Press and hold the buttons again and keep pressing until the recovery mode menu is displayed on your device.
That’s it, you are in the recovery mode now. You can use recovery mode to fix your phone, root your device or do CWM and TWRP stuff. This here is the most easiest and straight forward way to enter recovery. You can also enter the recovery mode on your device using the factory reset, applying different software updates and deleting the cache partition. If you have any questions or feedback, drop it down on the comments section below.