These are the guidelines to enter recovery mode on the Motorola Moto X Force smartphone using apps from the Google Play Store and the hardware keys on the smartphone.
There are two types of recoveries a person can run on the Motorola Moto X Force device. One of them is the stock recovery that most people are running and the other is a custom recovery. A custom recovery is popular for people who want a better backup option.
It does not matter whether you are running a stock recovery or a custom recovery during this guide. The hardware keys will work for both recovery types. The apps from the Google Play Store is only useful for rooted Motorola Moto X Force smartphones.
Files You Need
- Download the Quick Boot application for rooted Moto X Force devices if you want to use the app and not the hardware key method.
Entering Recovery Mode On The Motorola Moto X Force
- Long-press the Power button and turn off the Moto X Force smartphone.
- Boot the Moto X Force by holding the Volume Down and Power buttons for at least five seconds.
- Let go of both of the buttons and the Fastboot mode menu will be displayed on your smartphone.
- Use the Volume keys to navigate down the list and the Power button to confirm your preferences.
- Highlight the ‘Recovery’ option from the list and confirm it by pressing the Power button.
Your Moto X Force is now in the Recovery Mode. Those with the stock recovery can recovery the device so it’s fixed, while those with a custom recovery can utilize other functions like taking a NANDroid backup or uploading a zip files.