These are the guidelines to hard reset the Motorola Moto X smartphone so you can get out of any software-related issues without the need of sending your device away to the manufacturer.
A hard reset and a factory reset are the same thing when referring to a hard reset on a smartphone or tablet running Android. You should find both terms are universal for most mobile devices.
Hard resets are great for fixing a device suffering from bugs, but it comes at the cost of wiping your data. The Motorola Moto X Force smartphone will be returned back to the way your device first was when you opened it out of the box. Knowing that, you should always take a backup of your data before you apply a hard reset.
Hard resetting the Motorola Moto X Force
- Learn how to get your Moto X Force in Recovery Mode.
- Navigate through your stock recovery or custom recovery menu and select what you want with the Power button.
- Choose the “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main recovery menu.
- Do not touch any buttons until your factory reset is applied on the X Force handset.
- Once complete, you can navigate and highlight the “Reboot System” option to get your Moto X Force back in normal mode.
In conclusion, that’s all you need to enter the recovery mode and apply a hard reset on your Motorola Moto X Force smartphone. If problems still persist, you should try sending your device away under warranty and see if Motorola will fix the device for you. Alternatively, you might want to try flashing a new stock ROM on the device manually. It’s also possible there is a software update waiting for you from the Moto X Force’s Settings. You can find out by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Software Updates > Check For Updates.