The bootloader mode on the Motorola Moto G 2015 is the same thing as fastboot mode. We must boot the Moto G device to this mode to perform certain actions. The bootloader mode is the same mode you want to put your device in before connecting it to the computer for certain jobs. Without the Moto G in the bootloader mode, you won’t be able to do certain tasks like flashing files.
The Files You Need
- There are two different methods for entering the bootloader mode. The most straightforward way doesn’t require any files; you just boot the device using the hardware keys. However, the secondary method requires Android SDK setup on Windows PC.
Entering the bootloader mode on the Motorola moto G 2015
- Completely switch off the Motorola Moto G 2015 by pressing and holding the Power button.
- Reboot it by holding the Volume Down button for three seconds. Once the three seconds are up, continue holding the Volume Down and press the Power button once.
- Now release the Power and Volume Down keys together after at least one second.
- The Moto G 2015 should now display you are in the bootloader mode.
- Some people struggle getting jobs done using hardware keys. if you don’t have the hand coordination to get the job done, there is a workaround method using the Android SDK. It requires more brains than physically gifted hands.
- Install the Android SDK tool from the link given above directly to your computer.
- Open the folder where you have Android SDK.
- On any blank white space, hold down Shift on the keyboard and right-click the mouse.
- You should now see a new menu popping up on the computer.
- Choose to open the command window here from that menu. It is one of the options from the list.
- You’ll now see the old-school style command window where you can type some important commands.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader”.
- The Moto G 2015 will now be booted in the desired bootloader mode.
- If you are using the Android SDK method, you may continue with the guide you were using before and stay connected to the computer. Furthermore, if the guide involves using commands, you might be able to use the same window. if you find the commands not work, however, you should close that window and open the new window from the new folder you are working with at the time.