The LG v410 is a tablet that ran Android 4.4.2 Kitkat out of the box and is upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop. While Android 4.4 and 5.0 were capable software versions for their time, they will struggle to handle what modern apps ask of them. This is because as time goes on apps require more and more resources and older operating system versions aren’t able to handle it. That doesn’t mean tablets like this are useless though — many apps will still work — but it does mean Google has said this device is no longer supported for more software updates, which makes freezes and lockups more likely. Thankfully every version of Android, no matter how old or new, comes with the ability to take a hard reset. The hard reset is the technique you want to use to solve software freezes.
The following tutorial demonstrates how to hard reset the LG v410 smartphone so you can restore it to its factory defaults.
How to Hard Reset/Factory Reset LG v410 Smartphones
You can apply the hard reset/factory reset from the LG v410 smartphone’s bootloader menu. Here is how you can do that:
1. Hold down the Power button to turn off the LG v410 smartphone.
2. Restart the LG v410 smartphone holding the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously for around three seconds.
3. Let go of the two buttons you were holding when you see the Android Recovery menu.
4. Use the Volume buttons to scroll through the list and select Wipe data/factory reset, and then confirm your selection by pressing the Power button.
5. When it asks if you want to Wipe all user data? This CANNOT BE UNDONE!, use the Volume buttons to select Yes, and then press the Power button to confirm the command.
6. Wait until you get a message at the bottom of the display that says something akin to … Set Factory Reset done … Data wipe complete.
7. When you get back to the Android Recovery screen again, use the Volume buttons to scroll through the list and select Reboot system now, and confirm your selection by pressing the Power button.
8. Once the operating system restarts, you can start using the device again if you like.