I want Microsoft Edge Start and New tab pages to preload automatically when I sign in to Windows, so the amount of time it takes to load those pages is minimized. Resolution:
The following tutorial demonstrates how to enable and disable the preloading of tabs when you are using the Microsoft Edge web browser in a version of the Windows 10 operating system.
How to Preload Start and New Tab Pages in Microsoft Edge Every Time You Sign in to Windows and Close Microsoft Edge
You can only enable and disable the tab preloading in the Microsoft Edge web browser from the Local Group Policy Editor at this time in Windows 10, which is not ideal for everybody because it isn’t available on Windows 10 Home. Here is how you can do it:
Note: You need to have either the Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 Education to use the Local Group Policy Editor.
2. Using the Local Group Policy Editor’s left pane, navigate through to the following folders:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge
3. With Microsoft Edge selected, scroll down the right side pane of the same window and then click on the Allow Microsoft Edge to start and load the Start and New Tab page at Windows startup and each time Microsoft Edge is closed policy. (click to enlarge screenshot below)
4. Select Either Not Configured (to enable Microsoft Edge tab preloading), Enabled (to disable Microsoft Edge tab preloading), or Disabled (to enable Microsoft Edge tab preloading), and then click on the OK button at the bottom of the policy window to save the changes and close the policy window. (click to enlarge screenshot below)
You can now close the Local Group Policy Editor and continue using your computer if you like.
- How to Enable/Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- How to Change Theme in Google Chrome
- How to Change Default Font for Mail App in Windows 10
- How to Enable/Disable Tab Audio Muting in Google Chrome
- How to Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail App in Windows 10
- How to Enable/Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox
- How to Set Google Chrome as Default Browser in Windows 10