When I open the Microsoft Edge web browser, it always opens up showing the MSN news feed. I have worked out how to change it to other websites, but I would prefer it open up with just a completely blank white page instead.
The following tutorial demonstrates how to disable Web content on a new tab page in the Microsoft Edge web browser when you are using a version of the Windows 10 operating system.
How to Load Blank Page as New Tab Page and Prevent Web Content Loading in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
You can only enable and disable the Web content on a new tab page in the Microsoft Edge web browser from the Local Group Policy Editor at this time in Windows 10, which is not ideal for everybody because it isn’t available on Windows 10 Home. Here is how you can do it:
Note: You need to have either the Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 Education to use the Local Group Policy Editor.
2. Using the Local Group Policy Editor’s left pane, navigate through to the following folders:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge
3. With Microsoft Edge selected, scroll down the right side pane of the same window and then click on the Allow web content on New Tab page policy.
4. Select either Not Configured (to enable Web content on new tab pages), Enabled (to to enable Web content on new tab pages) or Disabled (to disable Web content on new tab pages), and then click on the OK button at the bottom of the policy window to save the changes.
You can now close the Local Group Policy Editor and continue using the computer if you like.
- How to Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail App in Windows 10
- How to Enable/Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10
- How to Change Default Font for Mail App in Windows 10
- How to Change Theme in Google Chrome
- How to Enable/Disable Tab Audio Muting in Google Chrome
- How to Enable/Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox
- How to Set Google Chrome as Default Browser in Windows 10